Tidal search via Roon shows only Library version

Hello,

a band my son plays for has just had 6 tracks remastered/tuned and uploaded on Tidal. I am keen to compare the Soundcloud AIFF version downloaded on my mac versus the Tidal version, however, each time I use Roon search in Tidal the results for the band (The Azenas) only show the mac “library” version and not Tidals listing for the band - what am I doing wrong here?

Like them on the Tidal app, then do a Tidal sync in Roon.

This is expected behaviour.

You have two choices:

1. Either navigate to the local album and then click the “Versions” tab which will show you all versions available locally or streaming.
    or
  2. Go into settings and change the global setting for hidden albums. Pay attention to the text explanation in the tooltip.

Option 1 is my preference and how Roon would like you to use the function, but some people like to see multiple copies of the same album in their library in every view.

Er, no.

Yes, if they don’t show up in a Roon search, you can like them it Tidal and/or Qobuz. Then do a sync of Tidal and Qobuz and they will be there now or soon. I do it frequently and just did two albums 5 minutes ago. When they show up in a Roon search, then you can click on Versions and choose the highest resolution in both Tidal and Qobuz if you have both Tidal and Qobuz.

You’re answering the wrong question. This is a workaround for a completely different problem.

Hello Jim,

Thank you for your reply.

1 Like

Dear anon55914447,

Seems those pesky kids in the band have now uploaded onto Tidal individual tracks so the EP (Album) no longer matches what’s on my mac library. I’ll ask them to reconsider?

Thanks for your help - I’ll get there eventually!

Nice song and sound…