Tidal Server is broken?

I can’t get anything from Tidal to play. Roon Error message: too many transport errors.

Anyone else notice if Tidal is broken?

Hi Jeremy,

no problems here. Have you checked your internet/network connection yet? Do you have the same problem when using the Tidal (mobile or desktop) app instead of Roon?

I had trouble playing Tidal yesterday but then I noticed the RAM on my QNAP was saturated. A re boot fixed this issue.

1 Like

A reboot fixed the problem. All good again.

1 Like

This then sounds like a coding error. Do we know what’s causing it?

I had this problem when my smartDns service stopped working temporarily. I could log in, but could not play anything and received the same error. The problem ended when I took the SmartDns out of the loop. When they fixed their problem all was well. I use smartDns to get around geoblocking (not needed for Tidal) in Brazil.

Same issue. Tidal app ok, through Roon, not ok.

Shame, was enjoying some MQA tunes yesterday…

I can play TIDAL tracks through Roon today, but I can’t add certain tracks or albums to my Library. Apparently Roon will keep trying to add them in the background, according to a message that popped up in Roon.

Just in case anyone’s having Tidal frustration, signing out then logging back in - from within Roon - seemed to cure the problem (for now)

Yes I had that issue too. But seems to have gone away after reboot of Roonserver and reboot of iPad.

So far running smoothly today.

No audio devices found errors. Then playback halts. I am getting this error a lot when playing from my library. Nothing to do with a Tidal.

Definitely the latest version of Roon is unstable.

I am becoming frustrated with Roon. It has never been so unreliable.

Rebooted everything. Rechecked software to make sure everything up to date.

Within an hour I had the error again “no audio devices detected” twice.

Next I will unplug all my devices and reconnect.

Extremely disappointed in this latest Roon update.

I was having this issue. I decided to put all music related equipment on it’s own switch and added static IP addresses. I have not had an issue since then. I will keep my fingers crossed

Absolutely no problems with the TIDAL Server here in Sweden!
But it’s close to Norway, there’s WIMP and WIMP HIFI later TIDAL/HIFI/MASTERS, was created (I presume that you already know that and Spotify is created in Sweden) :smile:

Great work of so small countries, or?
Okay Sweden is one of the biggest countries in the world, on the Music Industry, Producers, Song and Lyrical writers…

No I don’t know if TIDAL is having their Servers in Norway?
Since it’s been sold, but I think that!

So now there ever you live, who’s having problems with TIDAL!
Do I think other things, like Internet providers, you’re Router, Ethernet Cables, you’re way to Streaming and your Music Products my have locked it on some way!

So a reboot from the first thing to the last, can maybe help you out!
Because it’s frustrating to not be able to listen/playing music, I hope that you get it working as soon as possible!

Love & Respect

Good for you guys up there in the North! Love Nils Landgren. Keep up the great music. Folk/Americana is also having a sort of revival lately - enjoy it!

I do recall a certain Swedish band called BABA or something like that. Nice harmonies - rumour has it they are back together (professionally only)

I got that error when my internet connection went down. It disappeared when the connection came back. Seems like the message is misleading or at least vague.