TIDAL Sort By Date Added [Answered - Use Focus and Sort By Date]

Hi,

I was hoping to see a minor update to the way you can filter your favorite Tidal albums and artists. My use case is that I could be at work/on the road and hear about a new album/artist. I will add to my Tidal app on my phone or desktop and come home and want to listen on the home system using Roon.

Sorting by Date Added would be a big help to get to the new music faster.

Thanks for your consideration!

This has been around for a long time…

In album view:

• Tap on Focus
  • In the focus pane scroll over to the right and tap ‘Format’
  • Select ‘TIDAL’
  • Close out the focus pane and you’ll see a list of all of your TIDAL albums (favorites)
  • In the upper right of the album view tap the ‘Sorted by…’ menu and select ‘Sorted by Date Added’

Voila, all of your TIDAL content sorted by the date it was added to your library (or favorited in the TIDAL app).

For future recall you can bookmark this view by tapping on the bookmark icon in the upper right and creating a bookmark.

2 Likes

Awesome! I never would have found that. Thank you.

Is there a way to further filter TIDAL content in the Focus pane by complete album or track? This would mirror the way the TIDAL collection is organized. Thanks.

I figured this out, filter tracks 2- xx and you get Albums, 1 - 1 and you get tracks.

I have one issue with this workaround. In the Album view I can only see the Artist and Album name. I’d like to see the Artist, Album and Track. I tried to recreate this view in the Tracks under My Library and it’s not possible to filter by number of tracks, which seems obvious. In that view when I filter by Tidal using the Focus it gives me every track in all Tidal favorites.
Anyone have an idea how to solve this?