Tidal - username and password not working

Hi, new user to roon and tidal, signed up for both - can login directly to tidal - but trying to login from core 1.3 or from the iOS app - trying to connect the Tidal account - i get bad username and password which i know is not the case…my email domain ends with @hesselman.pp.se - not sure if the double dots are causing a problem with your API

Nice to see another Swedish person :smile:
Your email shouldn’t be a problem as amazon.co.uk also have double dots and I assume there are quite a few email adresses with double dots.
As it works in TIDAL client itself it appears to be a roon problem.
Had a problem with my surname Jälmbrant fairly recently.

Similar report here. After 15 to 20 tries of login the correct User and Password, it will finally accept it.

Tack Ulf!! no luck yet

Thanks Ricardo…been trying, reset the password, that didn’t work and trying to login…works from all other web browsers not the Roon app however (ios or os x on two different machines)

Not sure what you mean by IOS as the core don’t run on IOS.
It runs on PC, MAC and Linux etc.
Do you have another computer to try as roon core or dual boot or Linux bootable medium.

If I understand correctly it works in all browsers as well as the TIDAL desktop client.

It only fails in roon as I understand it.

Even resetting the password didn’t work.
Makes me think it has something to do with your email (@hesselman.pp.se)

There might be workarounds but it’s better to solve the actual problem properly.
The knowledge that you can login to someone else’s TIDAL account or create another TIDAL account just to test won’t solve the original problem. The knowledge that it works for me doesn’t help you much.

I think we need some @support to get to the bottom of this.

sorry for the confusion, core on the OS X - two different machines; same problem…on my i os app i went into settings and services and wanted to try to connect/enable there but that gave me the same error message

There is no way to reproduce the problem without your TIDAL login credentials. If it is impossible to reproduce using your login credentials we are talking about a very peculiar bug.

Have you established any contact with anyone at roon?
This is not something a fellow user can do much about.

Hi Klas,

Let’s flag @support and have them look into this for you.

Cheers, Greg

Hi @Klas_Hesselman ----- Thank you for the report and my apologies for the troubles. I have contacted you via PM for a additional data and log gathering.

-Eric