Timeouts when fetching images

Hi @noris ,

Further update for your consideration. I restored the backup onto my Windows 11 Insiders Preview laptop but I think it was a bit underpowered and had a few issues hanging or falling over. I had been looking at buying a new desktop pc so I bit the bullet yesterday and bought a new desktop and have set it up as my roon core test for the moment. Its standard Windows 11 home, i7, 24GB RAM, with ethernet connected to the router.

Yesterday I restored the Roon Core backup and everything was working fine. This morning however the problem is back:

So I guess this is good news that it is not the ROCK or the NUC or the networking. The bad news is that its something else going on. Surely not the size of the local music library causing the problem? I guess the only other thing that happens overnight is that it does do a backup every night. I cant see why that should cause any problem though.

I’ll leave the machine as is so you can check the logs of the machine if you wish.

Curious and annoying :slight_smile:

Regards,

John.

Hi @noris ,
Well I may have discovered the problem. I’ve gone back to the other common denominator… the router. I found that there are a few other options available when accessing the settings via the web page rather than the Ubiqity Amplifi app. Spanning Tree Protocol was enabled so being a small home network I figured it wasnt really necessary so turned it off and voila the album art and qobuz started working again. Whether this is just because it forced a sort of network reset on the core I’m not sure but so far so good. I’ll see if its still working tomorrow. Fingers crossed. I’ll keep monitoring and let you know.

Regards,

John.

3 Likes

Hi @John_Steer1 ,

Thanks for the update here, it’s very interesting that you’ve been able to narrow this down to the Spanning Tree Protocol! Has the behavior still been stable since making this change?

Hi @noris ,
I have swapped back to the ROCK, and the artwork and Qobuz seem to be working ok now. The ROCK OS seems to be stable but the Roon Server software seems to restart itself once or twice a day. Overall thought its better :slight_smile: if not perfect.

John.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.