Tired of restarting 1.8 to use endpoints

Great, i have one Pi permanently on.

Mine is a dark gray screen with white letters…What does that mean for me?! Why are the Dark Mode users always not considered (not serious, just joking around)

Updated to 1.8. Stream Tidal. No problems whatsoever. Works like a dream. Two wired zones and one wireless. Local broadband problems cause streaming issues but that is supplier problems not Roon. Adhering to KISS principles seems to work for me. Love the new screens and the software giving me new musical connections. Well done Roon.

2 Likes

Same endpoint. Oppo205. Ironically, I always had this issue with 1.7 but since updating to 1.8 this issue has disappeared.

1 Like

Crazy. I didn’t have the issue with 1.7!

This.

/10char

Roon Server on Mac mini, no issues defaulting to the Mytek Brooklyn Dac+ till 1.7. After 1.8 update the dac is not listed unless I reboot the roon server. Not cool.

Roon did not recognize Roon bridge-> USB-DAC
・ Restart Roon bridge >>>> It is still not recognized
-Roon-Rock restart >>>> Recognized

This has never happened before
After all, did something change with Roon 1.8?

sorry

It’s a little tighter.

The phenomenon that occurred in my environment is not a problem caused by Roon, but it may be a problem of Windows 10 running Roon bridge.

I like Roon and I think it’s a good environment.
We will continue to enjoy using it.

Ditto. It has been an issue ever since I started trial period (so forever, from my perspective, but seems that 1.8 is buggy, so good luck there is nice new update, bad luck it has seriously soured 1/3 of a very short trial period).

It seems though that workaround to enable the “System Output” on the Core server (and setting it to “private”) means that I can resume with another week of trial–though didn’t discover today, so weekend was blown here.

On the plus side–the forums are great, and with not too much searching, found others had the problem, workaround solution that perhaps someone stumbled on and shared, and then seem that the bug is now understood and being fixed.

On the whole–“Not a problem for me, so you must be the problem”, that is mostly just noise IMHO. :wink:

@RJ_Smith Reach out to support. they may be willing to extend your trial.

Thanks Aaron!

I tried the workaround–which appeared to make it better, but endpoints still disappearing.

It’s not super-clear how to reach out to @support directly, but will keep pushing through. :slight_smile:

It only happened to be the first time i used 1.8, after reboot all the end points have worked well

2 Likes

Thanks. I’ll try that.

To report back, loading defaults on the device settings for my Oppo UDP-205 seems to have resolved the issue. Fingers crossed, and thanks again for the tip!

Lonek, with all due respect. THIS IS NOT TRUE

There is a 1.8 problem regarding vanishing endpoints. It was not there in 1.7 and I experienced ist on Roon, Rock and on Roon Core running on Synology and there are other witnesses who saw this on Roon Core running on macOS and Win 10.

This is a real problem!

yes, I too can’t see my USB DAC (SMSL M500 as well as iFi DAC) connected to my Mac mini via USB. Tried Roon Server on Debian as well as Roon Server on Ubuntu, the same Problem. Only installing a ROCK Instance on Proxmox works. Don’t ask why. I hope Roonlabs get’s this fixed soon. What’s also working is Installing Roon on the Mac mini.

I think the new build (763) may have fixed this problem for me.

Updated and my chord mojo is once again visible on my mbp endpoint :+1: . Restarted roon endpoint on mac, mojo still present :+1: . Power-cycled mojo and it showed up immediately as hoped :+1: .

Will report back if issue shows up again.

So I had this problem today with losing endpoints. I have a Innuos Zen Mk3 and it has been super stable. Today was the first time in 2 years I have a lost and endpoint, I was using a Node2i and a Chord Mojo DAC hooked to USB on a PC. When it happened I went to the audio tab in settings and disabled and enabled the Node. They both popped back up and stated to play again. My main point of this post is for you all to try this first before restarting a bunch of stuff. It was very easy and quick. But it looks like it may be a problem and hopefully the Roon team can address it in the near future.

This has been fixed in build 763. Before 763, your work-around sometimes worked, sometimes not. Many times it required a restart of the Roon app, or restart of the endpoint device, or a restart of the Roon core device.

1 Like