Too many clicks to delete?

I’ve always thought that retaining “delete” after all other file management options were removed was an odd choice. The second odd choice for me is the drag and drop file-add function that requires it to be copied to a configured storage location. Drag and drop should probably just play the file from its current location, or do nothing.

Too many clicks for everything in Roon! Why I wrote a post last week about the display UI and how one should be able to customize it (for example leaving the main menu locked open). And a post when I first started my subscription about the nanny state deleting system in place, esp for Tidal albums.

I think the best solution is to have two tracks of deleting - one for local sources, and one for Tidal. And perhaps some customization of either available. Heck, if I can delete priceless images off of my camera with two clicks, I should be able to delete a (virtual) Tidal lp with two (or at least a shift and/or command/delete from a keyboard).

2 Likes

Agree.
Roon has non-destructive Hide, which does not need confirmation.
Disk management is not Roon’s responsibility.

But it is equally annoying for Tidal albums. Also from within roon it would be possible to remove multiple items from multiple sources/locations in one step–which is far more efficient than trying to locate the source files (especially if they are added into Roon and sorted into Roon’s file structure (by adding date)). Who remembers when each album was added into roon? Thus causing additional work, just to find the relevant files; or many more clicks from within Roon.

Sure but this really points out how wonky Roon’s drag and drop to add to the library is.