Top 10 Feature Requests

What do you mean by this? An example would help.

Amen! Sing it, brother! Searching classical music by genre or category is really essential

1 Like

Hello there

I would like to add another one: translation. It’s a pity to have the bios only in English. Do we know why things are not translated?

2 Likes

That’s probably because good metadata is hard to come by, and you’d need at least one metadata provider per language. This said, machine translation can be surprisingly tolerable, so maybe it’d be possible to get DeepL integration.

my top 10: track based genres (repeat 9 more times) :slight_smile:

1 Like

my top 10: Tidal family account integration or seperate tidal accounts for seperate roon profiles (repeat 9 more times) :wink:
It’s a requestsince May '17 now.
See here: Multiple Streaming / Family Accounts and Roon Profiles (Tidal, Qobuz, ...)

2 Likes

Has any of the requests mentioned in this thread come true? except Vertical scolling which we know is in 1.8

1 Like

Nope, except vertical scrolling (in some circumstances) and portrait mode.

Can’t believe that this simple feature, that literally every other music service has, did not make it into 1.8. I mean WTF?!?!

3 Likes

I’m also disappointed to see only 2 feature requests added on the update. Especially after so many answers in this thread. There is really a demand for it, I know it must not be easy but it could also show and demonstrate “we have listened”.

For me, and sorry for sounding selfish but separate libraries would still be my number one: I don’t feel buying a new license so that another person can use Roon. Every software provide account switch and management and even though I have no idea of the effort, I don’t think it should be that huge to implement. Well, I’ll keep trying to be patient.

1 Like

@pocketcasts would be a fantastic choice. How can we get traction on this?

1 Like

Sonos has done a nice job integrating with @pocketcasts. It has a feature that allows you to resume listening where you left off. This is really handy when you’ve been listening on the podcast app, on the commute home for example, and you want to stream the remainder to a Sonos endpoint. As we all move beyond Sonos, that’s where Roon comes in.

1 Like

A new request. Display in overview things that happened this day.

For example on this day died 2 of Greece’s greatest folk composers. Grigoris Bithikotsis and Akis Panou. The first one is also considered one of the greatest singers of all time.

Of course this would expand for albums released today.

8 Likes

Roon Radio: option to play entire album only (instead of single track)

Under focus, please please please put recording labels in alphabetical order. Having them ordered from most albums to least albums is crazy, nobody thinks like that. Please don’t make me filter a filter.

Thank you,
Sheldon

3 Likes

Still not here. Why TF is this small detail that is LITERALLY in every other music player, not in Roon?

1 Like

Instead of adding more features jst fix the issues we’ve Been suffering with for a long time,mostly talking about ios and android vertical scrolling because roon is all about the interface and if that’s broken then what’s the point

1 Like

Allowing family members to connect their personal Tidal family account to their Roon profile is number 1 on our wish list!
We keep kicking each other out of the primary Tidal account while someone at home plays music in Roon and I - as the master Tidal family subscriber - play from my Tidal app away from home. Pretty annoying.

4 Likes

I’m hoping they’ll leave well enough alone now in this excellent product for 6 months and roll out no more that two updates a year. cc @danny @noris

1 Like

Please Integrate Tidal playlists including daily updated ones, specific Master playlists based on your listening history and all the rest of them as well.

Please feel free to remove the daily useless Roon playlists based on the pathetic Valence alogrithm…

2 Likes