Top 10 Feature Requests

My bad, yes.
Maybe you could initiate a feature request with Soundiiz.
I think that would be a value added feature in Soundiiz.

It seems there are/were a lot of feature requests that helped enhance Roon in the early days. Today, with one or two notable exceptions people seem to want to tailor Roon to their particular circumstances and fix the things that press their buttons.

We can see at least requiring feature requests, of course it is not representative of the community but it is something.

It seems that few years ago, Roon was more willing to look at feature requests and give info on status of them. Since the last release, I think there has been a huge backlash from the community and that might explain why we haven’t had any updates in more than 6 months.

Updates are always going to leave some disappointed. But I think backlash is a bit strong! We don’t represent the silent majority out there who don’t come on here to complain but vote with their dollars. And I don’t think too many did that after the last big update.

2 Likes
  1. Proper multi-profile functionality (ie. completely seperate libraries for each user)
  2. Roon mobile
  3. Proper screen scaling on Android (Roon on my Moto G7 is so tiny as to be almost unusable).
  4. Fade on stop or pause
  5. Ability to add a pause within the queue, to automatically pause without deleting the rest of your queue.

6 posts were split to a new topic: CD Ripping - not understanding why 2 of a 3 CD set not labeled correctly

Agree. But mobile Roon is top of my list.

1. One click hiding/unhiding of all titles.

2. One or two click deleting of streaming titles.

3. More overall customization.

4. More overall customization…

Soundiiz does support exported roon playlists.

I have only 1 request: Just make the SQ sound better than any app (including Audirvana). Hint: Audirvana bypasses the Core Audio on MacOS with integer mode.

I’m fairly sure that Roon already does this.

Strange, it does not do it for me. I am using a gustard u12 between the MM and the Kalimax DSM/3. Whereas the Int mode shows up in the Audirvana.

Both RoonServer and Audirvana run on the MM.

Roon available options change depending on the endpoint. So options available on one might not be available on another.

When I’m done listening I like to I like to clear the queue. Queue is on the bottom so when I click on it I need to go to the top and click ‘clear upcoming’ then ‘clear all’. Could the ‘clear’’ buttons be moved next to the Queue button, please.

Roon on the go! Definitely !

Ooh! I don’t re-identify after merging! Cool tip!

• SACD ISO support
  • Vertical scrolling
  • Metadata editing
  • Metadata for Classical collections
  1. Individual track ratings
  2. By track or by album DSP settings

Probably not the most popular of choices, but probably not the hardest requests to implement either in comparison to some. If we had these two then Roon would be nearing perfection for my modest needs.:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Shield Client

Nvidia Shield app so I can control Roon with a handheld remote and see now playing info on my TV

Way of keeping Roon active so it doesn’t have to reconnect to core whenever I switch to a different app.

Split screen view on tablets

Way to use Roon extensions with Nucleus as the core

Video output over Nucleus HDMI

Windows store version of Roon control app

Roon Mobile

SACD ISO support

Lock screen widget for Pause and Volume

Better support of box sets

Vertical scrolling