Top 10 Feature Requests

Yep

For the most part I really like and enjoy Roon.

Starting Roon up, not so much…

–MD

1 Like

For me:

• Playlist sync with TIDAL (an absolute necessity)
  • Adding an album/track in TIDAL adds it to Roon Library too!
  • Edit artist and album bio
  • Set genre on track level
  • real mobile app + Carplay (as TIDAL + Carplay sucks)
  • link with Google Drive (as with Dropbox)
  • individual track ratings (0 to 5 stars)

and by the way… love Roon!

4 Likes

When is roon 1.8

On MacOS I would like to see “command + [” and “command + ]” for going back and forward in the Roon interface. This is a common shortcut for Safari. Thanks.

1 Like
  1. Alphabet slider on the edge of the interface on the phone remote apps.
  2. Alphabet slider on the edge of the interface on the phone remote apps.
  3. Alphabet slider on the edge of the interface on the phone remote apps.
  4. Alphabet slider on the edge of the interface on the phone remote apps.
  5. Alphabet slider on the edge of the interface on the phone remote apps.
2 Likes
  1. FIX SEARCH

My God, it is absolutely awful. It’s so inconsistent and downright confounding I can only assume it’s a joke “feature” and everyone at Roon is laughing heartily about it.

For instance, if I want to listen to The Fragile by Nine Inch Nails, I start typing “The” and get a bunch of autosuggestions:

1. Theron Feemster
  2. There’s a Price on Your Head [Danny Byrd Remix]
  3. Therapy
  4. There Will Be No Violins When You Die
  5. Kenny Gramble

First of all, I have probably 5000 songs/albums/artists that start with “The” but not a SINGLE result in the autosuggest is for just “The” entries and WTF is Kenny Gramble showing up in there for? Once I hit space and start typing “F” I get these results:

1. March of the Pigs
  2. The Beginning of the End
  3. Of the Girl
  4. Another Version of the Truth
  5. Stephen Carpenter

At least a few of the results now have the word “the” in them but once again, the fifth result is a total wild card. And after I enter the “r” it changes to 0 results until the word is fully typed and then there’s a single option to choose from in the autosuggest results (despite that being an album that I have two versions of in my library as well as a song that I have over 100 times on various albums and bootlegs).

Another example: when I search for The Ghost Inside (band), I get the same idiotic results for “the” but then once I start typing “ghost” there’s nothing until I get to “in” and then “Ghost in the Mirror” is the ONLY autosuggest response despite me having 5 albums by The Ghost Inside, one of which is eponymous. And once I add the “s” it goes back to 0 results until I’ve typed “inside” completely.

I don’t understand how search can be this terrible and for it to have been like this for this long.

Hi @Kyle_Kerley ,

I think that the word “The” is simply ignored in band and album names (and perhaps for Track names, I haven’t tested, though).
You should have better chances to hit the right album by starting typing “Fragile” in the search box, imho.

1 Like

I just tried “Fragile” and “Ghost” which surprisingly returned auto-suggest results. That must be new functionality because I frequently would attempt searching without the “The” included and would get no results in auto-suggest. So at least it’s better in that regard.

1 Like

Funny. I type “The Fragile” into search, hit return, I get a screen that shows:

What is wrong here?

3 Likes

I guess I’m blind and can’t find Waldo. What do you see as the issue?

1 Like

I typed “The Fragile” (without the quotes) and got this:

1. Roon Mobile

2. Roon on Roku soundbar (native roku app)

3. DSP setting on IOS (iphone) where I can choose the correct audeze headphone etc.

4. Better soundtrack identification and keeping the original folder structure - it took my soundtracks and broke them up to where they aren’t organized anymore. I think someone mentioned better metadata editing grouping compositions.

5. Ability to somehow import itunes music

6. Admin account

That’s all I got.

Great!! So you’re saying it worked just fine.

1 Like
  1. Vertical scrolling
  2. Vertical scrolling
  3. Vertical scrolling
  4. Vertical scrolling
  5. Vertical scrolling
  6. Vertical scrolling
  7. Vertical scrolling
  8. Vertical scrolling
  9. Vertical scrolling
  10. Vertical scrolling
  11. Vertical scrolling
    1. Vertical scrolling
    1. Vertical scrolling

OK - It is more than to 10 feature requests, actually top 1,002 feature requests.

2 Likes

Side Bar controls in Windows. This is Tidal. It’s such a PITA to have to open and close the entire program just to skip to the next song.

Roon Controls

1 Like

Could have a long list, but if I would have to pick only one, then…
LARGE BOXSET MANAGEMENT
LARGE BOXSET MANAGEMENT
LARGE BOXSET MANAGEMENT
LARGE BOXSET MANAGEMENT
LARGE BOXSET MANAGEMENT
LARGE BOXSET MANAGEMENT
LARGE BOXSET MANAGEMENT
I am in love with Roon without, would be crazy for it with!!!

5 Likes

I already got some of my wishes fulfilled. :+1:

My current list is:

1. Roon mobile
  2. Apple TV app working is a Roon endpoint capable of multichannel streaming.
  3. Add other streaming options (Apple Music, Spotify)
  4. Move library from from one streaming provider to another with a single click :slightly_smiling_face:
  5. Better metadata editing functionalities (esp. wrt grouping into compositions)
1 Like

I wonder if anyone in authority even looks here

1 Like

Twice a week.

2 Likes

That’s what I’m keen to know! I understands that the team are not keen on releasing the “blueprint”, but it would be nice to know whether we are talking to the void or not!