Toslink and Chord DACs

There is no argument…we agree on that. However, that is not to suggest there is an issue if someone prefers a different solution. Stating that someone who prefers a different input likes RF is an inappropriate conclusion

You gotta read my words more carefully… you’re just repeating what I’ve said like a parrot :grin:

“it’s possible” and “nothing at all wrong with that of course”. Even “slightly increased” (possibly…)

Anyway going in circles is awfully frustrating.

Something else I mentioned above, is that I’m interested in the opticalRendu.

I’ve enjoyed my FMC isolated Rendu for a long while now and have been looking forward to replacing 3-boxes and 3 x PSU’s with just 1-box and 1-PSU (I’ll also need to swap out my current switch for a switch with fiber port, the one I saw you’ve recommended on CA Forum)

No worries…we buds. My discussion isn’t primarlly intended for you though. It’s intended for others reading this thread;)

1 Like

The funny thing is everything I shared above is Rob’s opinion (with direct quotes I’ve shared). Hadn’t shared my opinion yet…

When I had Dave, I told Rob I agreed with him that the TOSlink input sounded best over all sorts of sources (BNC, USB, AES3) I had tried, except for one combination… my FMC isolated Rendu on USB input…

With the fiber isolated Rendu, there was the smoothness/warmness of TOSlink but there was slightly better focus and flow to the music than with TOSlink (my highly subjective biased opinion)

So if that doesn’t tell you (or others reading this) how much I’ve been looking forward to a better version (and less boxes) of what I’ve been doing for a long time now…

And you are calling me a parrot…hahaha.

The inspiration for the opticalRendu is from feedback just like that from many customers. However, understand that the opticalRendu is not just a ultrarendu with an optical input. It has a bunch of upgrades so you are in for a treat!

1 Like

Ha you’re a parrot that likes to argue…

I’m a parrot helping you to sell a few more opticalRendu’s ! :grin:

Understood. Looking forward to hearing John S share more details about the changes/improvements. Later of course, when you decide the time is right to share more info.

What difference did you notice? I am today using UltraRendu with LPS1.2 into a Chord Dave, was also considering an Auralic Aries G2.1 streamer, but not sure it will make a big positve difference to justify the extra cost. Can you share some of your impressions between UR and the G2?

It’s impossible for me to go back in memory to say anything for certain. I also remember when the Sonore mRendu first was released that I wasn’t impressed until I added the LPS1, so maybe your LPS1.2 bridges some of the difference I experience between the uRendu and Aries G2.

If you have the opportunity to safely test the Aries G2.1 before buying it I would absolutely do this. I’m also writing this as someone who put around 65% of my total budget on speakers.

Thanks for the feedback… unfortunately for me, I have to take a leap of faith, there aren’t any Aries products around in the country where I live whereby I could test one…