Track fade out (Pause, Stop, Skip Track, Sleep, ...) and fade in when restarting

Vote where it counts, and ideally please search for existing requests before opening new ones, else it only serves to dilute votes for your favorite features. Searching for “fade in out” brings this up as the second search hit:

Any news on this ? This feature has been requested since 2017 - I don’t think is there, unless I missed the feature flag to enable it…

Unfortunately, nothing new under the sun regarding this very basic functionality…

Ah well - I have come back every so often, to check about this (and get embroiled in discussions/tiffs as I forget the nature of the forum and cannot help getting involved and commenting on some of the most sticky subjects - [moderated]).

Come on people! You portray Roon as a SOTA product - give us that please. Does Volumio support it? if so, you should!

See you in about a year, unless something breaks…

+1
this would make listening via Roon easier to the ears, and that’s what we are all here for, isn’t it? Pleasure for our ears!

1 Like

Any chances that Roon would add a fade in fade out feature? It’s quite easy to implement and the only reason for me still using JRiver

I frankly do not understand why the Roon application does not have a fade in/fade out function when pausing, stopping or restarting playback. I have an Aurender, and the Aurender Conductor app has this important function. With the latest updates for Aurender, my Aurender N200 can now be used as a Roon endpoint. But the Roon app does not have a fade in/fade out function on playback. So, I won’t be using Roon on my Aurender because I too find it disconcerting to abruptly pause or stop playback and what adverse effect that may have on my speakers.

Why can’t Roon address this??

I’m too lazy to find the post, but a Roon representative once stated, that it would encompass rewriting RAAT code with the consequence of affecting firmwares of all Roon ready devices certified until then - a can of worms they’d rather not open, I guess, but after introducing folder browsing everything seems possible again …

Thanks. Perhaps in time Aurender with a further update can implement a more seamless integration with Roon whereby one can effect the fade in/fade out function of the Aurender with Roon playback.