Trial Feedback for Roon

First of all thanks for this great software. You convinced me :slight_smile:
Here’s my feedback:

• Offers a high quality frontend for my music system (mostly DIY)
  • Not dependent to any hardware company
  • Super easy linux installation, even runs fine in a linux VM on my FreeNAS
  • Good support for mixing Tidal with local files
  • I also like the signal path thing
  • Plug in a USB DAC to the endpoint and it appears immediately in the remote. Cool!

Points where Roon could be improved:

• Play Album is a bit confusing. In the Tidal Desktop App you need 1 click to play an album. Here you need 3. Or do I miss anything?
  • Simple API. Could be some REST service on the Roon server like start/stop/volume/title playing. So one could use a IR remote on the endpoint (e.g. with LIRC)
  • More sources. Tidal is probably the most important, but also easier Internet Radio would be nice. Di.fm and Radiotunes have many channels and adding them by hand is no fun.
  • 64bit IOS. Is this really necessary? Getting a new iPad just for remote is… well…

Hi Cosmo,
Thanks the feedback glad your enjoying Roon. I’ve a couple of comments to add:

This is quite a hot topic with some quite diverse views … [One Click Play Please] (One Click Play Please [On Roadmap]) is just one topic on it. I think it helps to understand why the option is there.

[quote=“Cosmo_In_Space, post:1, topic:10689”]
64bit IOS. Is this really necessary? Getting a new iPad just for remote is… well…
[/quote]The hardware must support OpenGL3 for Roon GUI and that means it must be one of the more recent devices (that also happens to be 64bit).