Trial MQA or High Res not showing in mojo2/poly iPhone Tidal

Yes it was shocking any where in the house and I have 3 access points over the 3 non overlapping channels , many users on here gave up on the poly for same reasons, it’s very picky. I can run anything else on 2.4ghz with no issues at all. They just use poor quality Wi-Fi internals.

1 Like

Shame really…

What Chord should have really done:

1. Get rid of micro USB for the Mojo 2.
  2. Get rid of micro USB for the Poly and update wireless connectivity.

It’s the 21st century.

For now I am keeping my Mojo 1 since it powers my planar cans very well. Plus, I would not get more than £200 for it so what’s the point.

1 Like

They did the same for the other streamer for the Hugo to. :person_facepalming:t2:Just 2.4ghs but that does also have a network port I think.

1 Like

Rob does what Rob does :slight_smile:

Forget about the 2Go. I would never pay over £2k for for that combo. It’s mental!

This is the final test and requirements asked:

*Roon Core Machine

TVS-672XT, i5-8400T and 64 GB RAM. Photo was attached of the core.

*Networking Gear & Setup Details

ASUS ROG CAPTURE - GT- AC5300

I have connected the Qnap via the 2 link aggregation ports to have more speed. Check photo for now I have 3.2 MB/S. I created in terminal a command to test the real speed inside Qnap.

*Connected Audio Devices

Just ROON for now. I have PLEX and it works perfect with movies full Bluray 4K. To make that tests of ROON I’m not using PLEX to avoid the use of bandwidth.

I’m using for the Roon test only my iPhone connected to the Poly and the Poly connected to the ROON that’s all.

*Number of Tracks in Library

Nothing now. I started to play some random songs from Tidal, and Qobuz nothing else. Ozzy Osbourne, Phill Collins and Beethoven only tested. In both sides Tidal and Qobuz to check.

*Description of Issue

Messages of “media is loading slowly” and posted in previous photo this error. In both Tidal and Qobuz.

Thing that is strange because I installed in the iPhone the app mconnect pro and it streams even at 192kHz without skip or problems. Not using ROON and with Qobuz I have 192Khz with mconnect pro alone. Of course this just from Qobuz. Tidal with mconnect gives me only 48kHz. ROON don’t want to play even tracks at 44.1kHz. Skip tracks “media is loading slowly” constantly until now I don;t finish listening a simply song. What could be the issue.

Not that this is needed for audio streaming. As a test you may want to simplify your setup by going back to a single wire setup. The troubleshooting guide I linked above also has more tips about what can be tested. For example: If you use streaming services exclusively, it may be useful to configure a local (read: on the NAS) watched music folder in Roon and play music from there. If that also creates problems, the issue is with your internal LAN and/or the NAS. If that works flawlessly, the issue may originate from your WAN (internet connection).

If the Poly/Mojo2 is already connected to Roon, why/how is your iPhone connected to the Poly/Mojo2 too? Please explain your setup details/audio chain for this (picture of signal path in Roon might be helpful too).

@BlackJack With one wire connected to the router it does the same. I have a local directory I added in ROON. This directory is inside the core. But in ROON app where do you have a file Browser? You only have search or Tidal or Qbouz menus. I don’t see something to browse files to access that directory. How I browse there?

Well my confitaron with iPhone is simply. Maybe I didn’t explain well. I have the Poly/mojo configured with their own app called “Gofigure” after configure the RON option there I just use the ROON remote and that’s all.

It’s very strange because mconnect pro app by itself does well the job. In the network besides Plex, I don’t have other conectivity issues but just ROON.

Use Focus on storage location or disable Tidal and Qobuz temporarily.

Yes, if you decode MQA in Roon, 44.1 will unfold to 88.2 and light up as yellow. 48 will unfold to 96 and light up as green (Roy G Biv).

1 Like

Cheers Jim for elaborating on sample rates.

I don’t even pay attention to the colours/sample rates my Mojo displays when playing MQA to it. I can’t hear a difference anyways :sweat_smile:

Also, the OP has received some incorrect responses here. The Mojo 2 is a non-MQA DAC. It should be set up as no MQA support. If the OP wants to decode MQA in Roon, Roon can decode 44.1 to 88.2 and 48 to 96. That’s it. It cannot unfold beyond that, so there will only be yellow or green lights, not blue. To get 192, he needs to use Qobuz high resolution or an MQA DAC.

EDIT: I’ll just add, to me, this DAC is so good that MQA unfolded by Roon to 88.2 or 96 sounds so good, you don’t even need an MQA capable DAC.

1 Like

You own music if added correctly will appear in My Music section; you view albums, artists, genres or tracks. If you have added Qobuz and Tidal accounts and have favourites from these will also appear here.

I strongly suggest you read Roons knowledge base it’s accessible from the apps support section.

@BlackJack The problem not seeing local files was remove and add the folder again and ROON populated the files. However, does the same error. Check photo. What would be the problem. Local, TIDAL and Qobuz is not possible in ROON.

That’s a network problem.

It’s on you to keep on troubleshooting and find out.
In a methodical way, I would start testing playback on the Core. Play to to the internal speaker/soundcard if your NAS has that. Alternatively connect your Mojo2 or another DAC with USB to the NAS. Test all sources, local file as well as streaming services (Tidal and Qobuz if you have both). If this already doesn’t work, the issue is with your NAS.
If that works, go on with testing playback over your wired network to a PC/laptop running Windows or MacOS. Test all sources again. If that doesn’t work, the issue is with your network (in general).
If that works, test your WiFi network by playing all sources to a WiFi connected PC/laptop/tablet/phone – note what frequency is used (most likely 5 GHz I assume). If that doesn’t work, the issue is your WiFi. It can be that you can remedy that by changing one or more parameters in the ASUS but who knows, I for sure don’t have such a gaming router, so I don’t know how much harm its optimizations might do.
If that still works, try to test your 2.4 GHz WiFi. You can potentially force the endpoint from your previous test to the 2.4 GHz WiFi. If this doesn’t work, see above.
If all that works and only the Poly/Mojo2 not, as others already pointed out – the WiFi client in the Poly isn’t particularly good. Still, it should handle up to 192 kHz audio near (same Room) your ASUS if there aren’t too many neighboring networks nearby and on the same channel. If not, the Poly is probably broken (not working to its specs).

1 Like

I will see but the thing is impossible to check maybe in a trial of 14 days. Also I don’t have other DAC USB. The only thing amazes me is stream 192kHz is so hard? I mentioned in previous messages that I use PLEX and 0 problems. PLEX I stream files above 100 GB full blu-ray’s 4K no problems. Audio is more complex than that? Also I use VLC streaming from the same QNAP and I see well the videos. And use poly/mojo2 in the network but with mconnect pro works flawlessly but just with Qobuz. The rest is check and consider I will try to see but I don’t understand why files mp3 simpler and without any complexity have problems. A mp3 file weights a couple of mb I stream videos of 100 Gb is amazing. Is something in the stream. Also Poly/mojo2 can’t be maybe some bad because if mconnect pro streams amazingly good with poly/mojo2 that is strange. I played 2 hours 192kHz with mconnect pro and poly/mojo2 and zero issues. Until know just ROON the issue.

@support might talk to @accounts which may result in more trial days for you.

For Roon, your Roon Core is the player. The player reads the small MP3 and plays it (raw PCM audio stream like WAV file) to the endpoint. For the sake of a responsive UX, who wants to wait half a minute or more before play actions actually happen, Roon uses nearly no buffering at all for the audio stream – unlike the other apps and players you mentioned. So the slightest problem with your network may lead to playback issues with the near real-time audio streams from Roon.

1 Like

Oh I see then ROON is more raw than chunks or fragments. It’s logical. That is the reason the audio it’s so pure. Then in such case I suspect could the Qnap maybe is weak although is a i5 but anyway sounds can be weak. I will try to mount a roon server in a Retina laptop to see if this fix issue.

Yes, you are correct @Jim_F. I dropped TIDAL a couple years ago, but should have remembered the “using no more bandwidth than a CD quality” slogan.

1 Like

Hi @Alex_Esc ,

This does sound like a networking or a Mojo/poly device issue, I would check the very helpful suggestions @BlackJack has made:

We’ve gone ahead and extended your trial so that you have more time to fully explore Roon, hopefully this helps :slight_smile:

1 Like