Trouble connecting to Roon Arc without Wifi (ref#HUNBKS)

Network Setup

· I use a single personal router not provided by my ISP

ARC Status

· ARC is *Not Ready*

Roon Error Code

· “natpmp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”}, “upnp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”} }

Have you successfully located and enabled the UPnP or NAT-PMP settings in your router's web UI?

· I've turned UPnP/ NAT-PMP on and ARC won't connect

Select the Diagnostic Keyword or Text String

· Something else

Don't give up yet.

· I'm stuck. I'd like to create a post to ask Roon Community for help.

Describe the issue

I can't connect to Roon Arc when not connected to the Wifi.

Describe your network setup

ISP is MediaCom, I have a personal Orbi Router (the 950 series) coming from my Technicolor modem provided by my ISP. I'm using a Neucleus One as my server and running Arc on a Samsung galaxy S24 ultra.

These are the error messages I'm getting next to "Not Ready"

{
"ipv4_connectivity": {"status":"NetworkError","status_code":504,"error":"error: Error: ETIMEDOUT, response code: undefined, body: undefined connected? undefined"},
"external_ip": {"actual_external_ip":"173.aaa.bbb.ccc","actual_external_ipv6":"null","router_external_ip":"null"},
"natpmp_autoconfig": {"status":"NotFound"},
"upnp_autoconfig": {"status":"NotFound"}
}

My UPnP is on, I don't have any firewalls.

Also, the Nucleus One drops my connection even on the Wifi and I have to reset it multiple times a day to re-establish connection.

Hi @r.intaqt,
Thanks for writing in to let us know about this issue. It looks like you need to set up or troubleshoot port forwarding on your network. Try the steps in this article and let me know whether or not ARC begins working properly.

I already spent 5 hours going through that article before i sent the request

Okay let’s check to see if this is a hardware issue. Please connect your Nucleus to a monitor via HDMI and upload a picture of what you see.

It says:

Manufacturer: Roon Labs
Model: Nucleus One
Serial: 74563CD2CF32
Hostname: NucleusOne

Roon can be accessed by opening any roon remote product. If you don’t see this device there, check “Roon OS devices on your network”.

Roon OS Web UI can be directly accessed at: http//192.168.0.228/

Below is the response to your request. The IP listed for the Roon OS is 192.168.0.228. I also talked to tech support for my router and they helped me set up a static IP for the Roon and now I can’t connect to the Nucleus at all.

When trying to connect the remote to your nucleus do you see a line of gray text saying “Select a different Roon server”? If you do clicking it will bring up a list of available servers on your network. Hopefully your Nucleus will be on that list.