Trying to configure ARC - Did not find UPnP service with WANIPConnection on network

Can you please help with the error message below:
{
“connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkError”,“status_code”:504,“error”:“error: Error: ETIMEDOUT, response code: undefined, body: undefined connected? undefined”},
“external_ip”: {“actual_external_ip”:“112.aaa.bbb.ccc”,“router_external_ip”:“null”},
“natpmp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”},
“upnp_autoconfig”: {“server_ip”:“10.0.0.1”,“found_upnp”:true,“error”:“Did not find UPnP service with WANIPConnection on network”}
}
Thanks

Hi @Nigel_Potter ,

The diagnostics you’ve provided suggest that UPnP is not properly configured on your router.

Please first try the following steps:

• Try to enable UPnP/NATPMP in the web administration interface for the router directly upstream from your Core
  • Try to manually open the port in your router’s port forwarding configuration
  • Make sure the IP/Port matches the Port listed in Roon → Settings → ARC
  • Check for any VPNs or Firewalls that might be interfering
  • Check if your modem is in Bridge mode

If you continue to experience difficulties, please include the following information:

1. What is the make and model of your modem and router?
  2. Do you have any additional network hardware, like additional routers or managed switches?
  3. Who is your internet service provider and what is your geographic region?
  4. Is your Modem configured in Bridge Mode so that it operates only as a modem or do you have the ports forwarded on both?

Thanks for the reply. Every thing seems to working at my end. I asked my ISP to turn on port forwarding as it is not provided by default. That was 4 days ago. I’ll follow them up again tomorrow.

Hi @noris

Seems I now have port forwarding setup with my ISP. Roon arc is showing on my core as “ready”, but Roon Arc is unable to Connect to my core. It just hangs saying “searching for Roon core”.
Could you please check that my data is syncing correctly or is corrupted. I have had another issue pop up at the same time with no tracks being available to play. The way around it is to go to my history and play a track from there, I’m then able to select and play new tracks.

1 Like

Hi @Nigel_Potter ,

There was an ARC server outage that has been recently fixed. Please try to use ARC again and let us know if you run into further issues, thanks!

1 Like

@noris
Working now.
Thanks for your help :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.