Two "Clarks" muddled up

This is the same for the electronic artist “Clark” and a random rocker with the same name. Very annoying that it keeps recommending the second and ruining playlists a and radio because i listen to a lot of the first and none of the others

If all of the metadata complaints here regarding two different artists that shared the same name, and whose particulars were all mixed up were merged into one thread, it would be the top metadata issue reported by a factor of 10.

Roon support - I challenge you to collate the threads of this type and get this issue the priority it deserves. It is sad that a product like Roon, where so much of the value prop is predicated on the value of the metadata for discovery and browsing, has such an absolutely fundamental “fatal flaw”.

Please Roonies - step it up fix this. These are not one-offs. It is endemic to the Roon experience.

BTW it’s too easy to slough this off on the 3rd party provider. I pay Roon. Roon promises an experience they are not delivering. Roon should fix this issue.

I believe Roon makes corrections as and when they are brought to its attention. But it isn’t about to allocate its very scarce resources to proactively hunt down metadata errors. How would any one person know what a metadata error is? And, if by chance there were such a person, how much would Roon have to pay them?

Roon has taken steps to expand their data providers, and, as said earlier, they are prompt to effect corrections through their sources.

The metadata has vastly improved in accuracy and completeness over the last two years. It remains a top priority for them.

So, deep breaths everybody, and enjoy the music. But if the product fails to live up to your expectations, quit.

You quit :slight_smile:

The metadata is worse, not better.

Regards from a lifetime subscriber and nucleus + owner.

I’m asking for what I was sold and paid for.

Thanks.

Would be great if that would be true. Unfortunately it‘s more often than not „pure luck“ if something reported here gets acted on. From the douzends of issues I reported here over a year, maybe 2 or 3 got fixed.

I would not expect pro-active error-hunting either. Thats for a curated service - which Roon just is not.

But acting on errors that are being reported - at least those that cant be fixed by a user himself easily - is clearly something I would expect.

i accept your experience. I am batting 1 for 1 – hardly a good sample. :slight_smile:

1 Like