Two of three SQUEEZEBOX devices will not connect

Here are your answers

Sent from my iPad

On Mar 19, 2018, at 3:09 PM, Eric Stewart community@roonlabs.com wrote:

eric eric Eric Stewart Roon Labs: Support
March 19
Thank you for the follow up and sharing the observations made during your troubleshooting, @Nathalie_Petri. The insight is very appreciated!

A few things moving forward…

You mentioned in your latest:

"Roon asks for permission to connect to the squeezebox receiver sporadically and I always allow but it still does not show up in the audio tab in settings. "

Can you please provide some further insight into this observation you have made? What exactly are you seeing in Roon when this happens? Are you able to provide a screenshot?
Show Quoted Content

On Mar 19, 2018, at 3:09 PM, Eric Stewart community@roonlabs.com wrote:

eric eric Eric Stewart Roon Labs: Support
March 19
Thank you for the follow up and sharing the observations made during your troubleshooting, @Nathalie_Petri. The insight is very appreciated!

A few things moving forward…

You mentioned in your latest:

"Roon asks for permission to connect to the squeezebox receiver sporadically and I always allow but it still does not show up in the audio tab in settings. "

Can you please provide some further insight into this observation you have made? What exactly are you seeing in Roon when this happens? Are you able to provide a screenshot?
It is like the computer or Norton antivirus is asking to allow the connection. IN ANY CASE I ALWAYS ALLOW IT. The request is in a dialogue box with drop down choices. One of the choices is the Reciever is trying to connect to Roon.
During your troubleshooting have you tried taking the “radio” and “receiver” off of Wifi and testing with a hardwired connection instead?

No,
I do not have an Ethernet connection in the basement where the Squeezebox Receiver is located.
Are you able to use the “radio” and “receiver” outside of the application, say via LMS?

Yes, I have no problems using it with LMS.

Hi @Nathalie_Petri ---- Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions.

As a quick test, can you please temporarily disable Norton and any other security protocols (i.e firewalls, etc) that may be active on the machine, just to verify if this action yields a change in behavior with the other SB devices.

-Eric

Tried disabling norton. It did nothing.

Also disabled apples firewall, no change.

I am now using High Sierra on my MacBook Pro (core).

Thank you for touching base with me @Nathalie_Petri and providing the requested feedback, both are appreciated!

Continuing forward, I am going to be enabling diagnostics on your account so our tech can have a closer look into this behavior. What this action will do is the next time the application is active on your core machine (i.e MacBook Pro late 2011) a diagnostics report containing a set of your Roon logs will automatically be generated/uploaded directly to our servers. I will confirm when it has been received.

In the meantime, can you please verify the IP addresses being assigned to the core machine, the “receiver”, and the “radio”. Additionally, please confirm that LMS is not running at the same time as Roon.

-Eric

Where do I find the IP address?

LMS is not running
Radio IP address is 192.168.1.78

Reciever address is 192.168.1.79

Thank you for confirming that information for me @Nathalie_Petri, very appreciated!

Confirming that the mentioned diagnostics report has been received and is in our queue for review. Once I have some feedback from our tech team on the traces found in the attached logs I will be sure to follow up immediately.

Additionally, can you verify for me that both the “receiver” and “radio” are both up to date in regard to the firmware they are running?

Logitech Squeezebox - “Firmware update”:

The Squeezebox always checks with Squeezebox Server that it has the latest firmware. When you update Squeezebox Server, if it includes new firmware, both the Squeezebox and Squeezebox Server will let you know that the player requires a firmware update. Squeezebox Server will show that the player requires an update and the Squeezebox will prompt you to press and hold the BRIGHTNESS button on the remote to start the firmware update process. If you’ve not migrated to Squeezebox Server yet, you can force a firmware upgrade by holding down the brightness button.

-Eric

Hi @Nathalie_Petri ---- I was going through my open support issues and I wanted to touch base with you in regard to the above. Any new progress or observations made since I last heard from you?

Additionally, I just checked on the status of your ticket and I can see it is still with our tech team. I have placed an update request with the team and should have some feedback soon.

Looking forward to hearing from you and thank you again for your patience!
-Eric

No progress. I thought you gave up. If this is the kind of support I get, I am really glad I did not sign up for the lifetime subscription. Wha the helll is going on?

Dan Petri

Hey Dan, this worked for me when my Squeezebox Touch would fail to show up in Roon. Might be worth trying on your boxes. I’d reinstall LMS and get it going long enough to establish a connection to the SBT. Once I could play music, I’d shut down LMS and restart Roon. Every time the SBT would show up after that. It’s like the SBT itself was having trouble getting on the network until I reconnected it to LMS. Your mileage may vary of course.

You might check out this thread as well: Roon no longer sees my SB# or Transporter

Been there done that!!

Hi @Nathalie_Petri ---- Thank you for getting in touch and my apologies for any frustrations here.

Moving forward, while I wait for our tech team to update your ticket I would like to propose the following test to see if we can trigger a change in behavior with the SB “receiver” and “radio”. Please see below.

• Before anything please make a backup of your current Roon DB.
  • Next please close the application on your core machine and any active Roon remote devices.
  • Locate your “RAATServer” folder which is going to be found in the same directory as your Roon database.
  • Rename the entire “RAATServer” folder to RAATServer_old
  • Relaunch the application on the core machine and verify if it sees any of the network endpoints.

-Eric

[Note: Do not delete the RAATServer_old folder]

[Note: During the above troubleshooting exercises there should be no firewalls or antivirus application any devices]

Just for giggles, I tried to connect again this morning and that all connect.

1 Like

I meant that they “all” connect.

They say time’s a great healer :wink:

Did you do something on your end recently?

Hi @Nathalie_Petri ---- Thank you for the update and I am pleased to hear that the SB devices were able to connect to your Roon core.

We have not changed anything on our end recently. We did release build 310 but nothing that should have any influence on our SB integration. So I am curious if anything may have changed in regard to your setup since my asking about the firmware versions on the devices? I know you had updated the OS on your core machine, anything else?

-Eric

Not that I can remember. I disconnected THE SQUEEZEBOX from ROON foe a while and was using the LMS.