Type of cable from Roon Nucleus Rev. B to Topping D70 Pro Sabre Dac

Hi!

Any help on this is much appreciated!

I have an Roon Nucleus Rev. B and I’ve just ordered an Topping D70 Pro Sabre.

I know I need an USB-cable to connect these two devices. What I don’t know is what this kind of cable is called, it’s name, the type.

What is the name of the plug on the Roon Nucleus side, and what is the name of the plug on the Dac side?

The plug on the Nucleus side is type A and the plug on the DAC side is type B. This is an example of cable that will work: https://www.amazon.com/Monoprice-6-Feet-24AWG-Plated-105438/dp/B003BXPQF2/ref=mp_s_a_1_13?crid=10ZXGCJYCBRDQ&keywords=usb+a+to+b&qid=1698598089&sprefix=usb+a+to+%2Caps%2C174&sr=8-13

1 Like

@Marian Great! Thank you very much!

Check out the manual - says the cable comes with it anyways, so you’re covered for starters…

1 Like

I see, I just ordered, didn’t pay much attention to what was in the box, except for the dac. Thanks for enlighten me!

I’ve bought 2 different DAC’s so far (iFi Zen DAC V2 and a Loxjie D30). In both cases all required cables came with the DAC.

1 Like

@SandsOfArrakis This is my first dedicated DAC ever. For the last eight years I’ve been using a Bluesound Node 2 (which gave up the other day) and the DAC in my SACD-player (which I recently sold). Wasn’t really aware of interconnects being included.

1 Like

I’ve just got a Bluesound Node X a few weeks ago. Awesome device :slight_smile: It is happily playing in my office.

I was considering that myself since I was pleased with the sound from the Node 2. Though, decided to try a different brand this time. I’m also considering something from Matrix, perhaps a Matrix Element X2. Just for the fun of it.

1 Like

Next to the Blusound I have a full set of Cambridge Audio gear in the living room, including a CXNv2 streamer and CXA81 amplifier. Lovely stuff. :slight_smile:

I’ve never had a Topping myself. But have been hearing good reviews about them.

1 Like

Google is your friend

1 Like

@Mike_O_Neill Thanks Mike! I did Google and found pictures like that. But still I wasn’t absolutely sure. So I thought, why not try the Community. It was my first post. Been a Roon user since early this year.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.