The main typeface on an iPad has the top of characters sliced off. No problem on iPhone or android
April 18, 2017, 10:22pm
Well spotted. Now that you’ve pointed it out, I see the same thing on my iPad Pro.
April 19, 2017, 3:17am
Indeed, this shows up many places in the UI.
I have noticed many places where the UI seems to clip the top row (or few rows) of pixels from on-screen text. This only seems to apply to my 9.7 inch iPad Pro, not my 2011 MacBook Pro (non-retina). Oddly, this applies to both upper case and lower case letters when it happens. I’m not sure how well these will appear in the photos below if the forum compresses my photo uploads. 1.3.00194 iPad App.
Tags in Album View or Artist View
Album title on Screensaver view
Popup box li…
This has also been discussed at some length here:
I bounce between using Windows 10, OS X, and iOS to control Roon and I’ve noticed some text layout issues with large blocks of text. The kerning on the Windows client is particularly bad (look at the space between ‘n’ and ‘d’ in the word “sound”), but OS X and iOS also have their share of issues; the letters within words can look too closely spaced, exacerbated by the weird and irregular inter-word spacing caused by the text justification:
Are there any plans to fix this typographical issue? If it affects all ipads, then that’s a significant user base…
November 28, 2017, 10:53am
This still hasn’t been fixed…
December 3, 2017, 5:59pm
Still seeing this on my iPad. I’m guessing this isn’t a concern for most users, so probably not a priority for the developers, but for the typographically sensitive, once you notice it, it’s like having a small pebble in your shoe that you can’t get rid of.
December 3, 2017, 10:56pm
Saw this in another thread:
Unfortunately, for UI issues like this that only occur on some platforms, it’s very involved for us to identify the issue and determine what the fix might be.
It could be related to the hardware, the operating system, it could be a bug in our code, etc – determining exactly where things are going wrong is possible, but at a minimum you’re talking about a detailed investigation eating up hours and hours of developer time that could be put into all kinds of other priorities, like new features.