Ubiquiti Dream Machine Pro and Roon ARC

I have Ubiquiti Dream Machine Pro and I am getting this message. Roon ROCK on a NUC. I have turned on UPnP.
{
“connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkError”,“status_code”:504,“error”:“error: Error: ETIMEDOUT, response code: undefined, body: undefined connected? undefined”},
“external_ip”: {“actual_external_ip”:“99.130.251.67”,“router_external_ip”:“192.168.1.136”},
“status”: “status”: MultipleNatFound
“natpmp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”},
“upnp_autoconfig”: {“server_ip”:“192.168.0.1”,“found_upnp”:true}

I had the same problem with mine. You need to log into your ISP’s modem router and put it in bridge mode.

Okay. I’ll give it try. Thanks. Did you need to also enable UPnP on the Dream Machine Pro?

Check out this thread

I’m already in Bridge Mode. Any other suggestions?

I have the non-pro Dream Machine.

So I had spent quite a lot of time to understand why port forwarding wasn’t working on my UDM Pro, even contacted Ubiquiti support but they said that everything looks ok settings wise.
Just now I’ve disable the VPN setting and Port Forwarding works. Tested both Plex and Roon ARC and both work flawlessly.

1 Like

What country and ISP ?

There’s a chance your carrier is using Carrier Grade NAT or CGNAT. It’s quite common now. The result is Roon can’t forward the port. There are lots of ways it can be done but Roon has chosen not to.

You may be able to call your provider and have them issue you a static ip. In my case they want more money for that option.

I have the UDM Pro SE.

UPnP is disabled, onlusten forwarded the port.

Hey @Jason_Riggs,

I wanted to check in on this thread to see if you were still having issues setting up arc? After reviewing your error code, it looks like you may have an issue with multiple Nats set up in your network configuration.

If possible, are you able to provide more information and details about your full network setup, with specific router and modem models?

If you haven’t yet:

1. Put all but one of your routers into bridge mode.
  2. Manually set-up port forwarding on each router pointed towards your Core until you get to the router that the Core is plugged into.

Here is more info on this :

I’ll be monitoring this thread for your reply :pray:

Benjamin, got it all figured out. Had it all resolved almost immediately after posting this. ARC is working flawlessly for me. Love it! Thanks for checking in.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.