Umbrage on the rise?

I see that many vocal people on the forums dislike 1.8 and love to rant and grind their axe about it. I see many more who like 1.8.

Every day, we get hundreds of messages:

As a VERY HAPPY lifetime subscriber I heard rumours that there will be a rollback to 1.7 because of an apparently unhappy community!
I just want to assure you that 1.8 version’s features are absolutely amazing and it would be a shame to lose them - as the new UI is stunning - if you want to improve even further, be my guest but PLEASE no rollback after this gorgeous update!

Absolutely love and rave about your product though! One of my best purchases EVER! Thanks for your time.

I used to be a developer, so I know what even the best planned release can be like!
Glad you all got through it, and are coming out the other side.
For what it’s worth I absolutely love the improvements. Solved all my minor frustrations with the GUI in one go.

You’re doing a great job and the dev team really rocked with the 1.8 Update!

Try getting a fast acknowledgment of a problem out of Google, Apple, Microsoft, etc… We are tiny in comparison, but it’s still a quarter-million Rooners and ~40 people on our staff. Things here have gotten better, mostly because they were really bad when we were under 10 people in 2015. They will continue to get better as we continue to staff up.

The complaints you have are valid, and the criticism we are open to. It’s the manner in which it is delivered that leads to a forum that no one wants to participate.

You’ve been here for years, you must have noticed that it’s not as nice here. This is how internet forums turn bad. This is why they have a bad reputation. We were lucky before, now we have to do more than rely on luck.

I’ve been trying many ways to moderate lately, and this thread’s postings are another way to learn about what people are receptive to and what they aren’t receptive to. We’ll get there… we all have too much joy to lose by failing. Especially since we all want the same thing: a civil place to discuss music, audio gear, roon, mqa, and ethernet cables… well maybe not those last 2 topics :joy:

12 Likes