Unable to Connect to Roon Arc on New Windows PC (ref#RJH654)

Full form submission

What’s happening?

· I'm having trouble connecting to Roon

What type of connection issue?

· Something else

Describe the issue

I cannot connect to roon which is installed on a new windows pc. When I try to connect to roon arc i get the following error: {
"ipv6_connectivity": {"status":"NetworkError","status_code":502,"error":"error: Error: connect ECONNREFUSED 2a0a:ef40:845:5701:e5a3:db91:977a:78e8:55002, response code: undefined, body: undefined"},
"ipv4_connectivity": {"status":"NetworkError","status_code":504,"error":"error: Error: ETIMEDOUT, response code: undefined, body: undefined connected? undefined"},
"external_ip": {"actual_external_ip":"84.hhh.iii.jjj","actual_external_ipv6":"2a0a:aaa:bbb:ccc:ddd:eee:fff:ggg","router_external_ip":"84.hhh.iii.jjj"},
"natpmp_autoconfig": {"status":"NotFound"},
"upnp_autoconfig": {"server_ip":"192.168.1.1","found_upnp":true}
}

Describe your network setup

vodafone hub wifi router 5g/2.4g

Maybe I am missing something here, but…, why are you trying to use Roon ARC on a Windows PC? ARC is really intended for use on mobile phones, Carplay, Android Auto, etc VIA a cellular connection. Wouldn’t it be better to use Roon Remote on your Windows PC?

Here are a few FAQs from the ARC pages:

What is ARC?

Roon ARC allows you to take your Roon experience on the go.

ARC lets you browse your library, play local and streaming content, download local media to your phone,

What’s the difference between ARC and Roon Remote?

Roon Remote is designed for inside the home. ARC is designed for outside the home. Roon supports more advanced functionality including DSP, metadata editing, and zone setup, whereas ARC offers Roon’s key functionality on the go.

Does ARC run on tablets or desktop platforms?

For now, ARC is optimized for use on phones. We hope to add support for tablets in the future.

Sorry, I didn’t actually mean to click submit on this.

I was trying to use RoonARC on my phone but testing on the windows pc in settings it was not connecting even with port forwarding. Having restarted the PC a couple of times it seems to be connecting now so not sure what the issue was. I moved to a new PC as the old windows pc was never able to start roon server and I thought the problem was related to the same issue with my network.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.