Unable to enable McIntosh MA9500 audio device on Intel i7-10810U Mini PC, likely due to Alsa issue (ref#E8G73M)

Full form submission

What’s happening?

I'm having trouble with my DAC, speakers, streamer, etc.

Alsa problem with mcintosh ma9500 (I can't enable the audio device on a Mini PC Fanless Intel i710810u)

McIntosh really expects you are running Windows, and using their drivers, for full support.

I do not believe. I have another Intel industrial mini PC (YASHI NUCKY F5 i5 8250U) which has no problems (see photo) and always with roon rock.
I believe that the problem of the YASHI NUCKY F7 I7 10810U is in its bios. In fact I can’t find anything to turn off the system audio as if the bios had been branded.
Has anyone had similar experiences?

Update
I did some tests and the Audio device ALSA problem is with every peripheral connected to USB.
If the peripherals are connected via AirPlay or Chromecast the problem does not occur.
Thanks to anyone who will help me understand what to do.

Hi @MARCO_GENTILINI,
Thank you for your patience while we worked through the queue. Unfortunately, you are using an unsupported setup. I’m going to move this to tinkering. Hopefully, someone there will be able to help you.

Roon ROCK is designed to run on selected Intel NUC boards. It is not a generic Linux distribution and therefore does not contain drivers for any thinkable hardware available. So a possible explanation is that your working i5 PC has a USB root hub chip inside that is compatible/the same as used on Intel NUC’s and therefore works while your i7 PC has some other USB root hub chip that is not supported. Maybe you can make it work using a generic Linux distribution that comes with much more drivers instead of the tailor made ROCK for Intel NUC’s?

2 Likes

Thanks for your help. I hope to find a solution with everyone’s help.

Thanks, that’s honestly what I thought too. Hopefully there is a solution, otherwise I will use it for different purposes.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.