Unable to get Roon ARC to work over Edgerouter X router (ref#QP8MLV)

Full form submission

Network Setup

· I use a single personal router not provided by my ISP

ARC Status

· ARC is *Not Ready*

Roon Error Code

· None of these are listed. It simply says "TIMEDOUT" or similar.

System or third-party *firewalls *or *antivirus software* can sometimes block RoonServer from reaching ARC.

·
Try adding RoonServer and its associated processes to the whitelist of any firewalls or antivirus software you have installed, including the Windows system firewall, if applicable.
[You can learn more about firewall exceptions with Roon here.](https://help.roonlabs.com/portal/en/kb/articles/firewall)

Has the status in Roon -> Settings -> ARC changed after adding exceptions in your firewalls and antivirus software for Roon?
ARC is still *Not Ready*

Don't give up yet.

· I'm stuck. I'd like to create a post to ask Roon Community for help.

Describe the issue

Hi, I can't get Roon ARC to work over my Edgerouter X router. I've forwarded the port but no avail. Fairly simple network setup straight into a PPPoE fibre modem with a wired connection back to the router. Got Plex on the same network and settings which seems happy.

Describe your network setup

ISP BT Full Fibre UK, Edgerouter X via a Gigabit hub. Roon running on a ROCK

Hi @James_Bruton,

In the Roon application can you go to Settings → Roon ARC and then copy the “Diagnostic information for Roon Support” and paste it in a post here.

Hi. output is: {
“ipv4_connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkError”,“status_code”:504,“error”:“error: Error: ETIMEDOUT, response code: undefined, body: undefined connected? undefined”},
“external_ip”: {“actual_external_ip”:“86.aaa.bbb.ccc”,“actual_external_ipv6”:“null”,“router_external_ip”:“null”},
“natpmp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”},
“upnp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”}
}

IP address is set to static lease in the router so it’s not shifted.

Interested in the solution as I will be getting an Edgerouter X.

It’s been an amazing router. Had it running for many years and it’s never missed a beat. Usually sat at like 2% CPU load

Good to hear James!

James, I have not setup port forwarding on my Edgerouter X and the error message that you get is the same as mine.