Unable to play stations MistyRadio and Doowopradio4u on live radio (ref#FMAX7S)

Full form submission

What’s happening?

Something else

How can we help?

None of the above

Other options

How do I ...?

Radio station issues
There are two stations among my live radio that do not play. I know that both are operational becuase I can go to their websites and play output on my computer. But on My live radio I get the "unable to play station" message.
They are MistyRadio. com and Doowopradio4u out of Washington, D.C.

Hello @Daniel_Polvere , Misty Radio seems fine for me.

However Doowopradio4u wasn’t and I have updated the URL

Thank you, Brian. Doowopradio4u now works and plays for me.
However, I am having exactly the same issue as before with MistyRadio. I continue to get the “Unable to play this station, etc” message. This is the only station with which I am presently having this problem.
-Dan

Hmm. The URL I used has a load balancing redirection. That shouldn’t cause an issue, but I have added one of the alternative urls explicitly.

Try that one (starts with das-edge11-live365…)

Would you send the entire URL and I’ll enter it?

?
Why do you want to do that? - it’s there in the station listing.

However,
https://das-edge11-live365-dal03.cdnstream.com/a67710

Well, it worked!
The station listing I could see before did not have either URL. It just had the name, picture and website info. Now the visible page has the two available streams listed and a bit of description. So I pasted the URL onto the clipboard and–voila! . Listening now!
It’s a favorite station in that it mixes chanteuses, smooth jazz and even some pop and doowop.
Thank you again!
-Dan

I’m pleased you have a working station, but I am puzzled about what happened.

I haven’t changed the description of the site at all, and there should have been one URL before, so I wonder whether you had a copy in your my live radio which wasn’t linked to the main database version.

If there are now two visible streams, then there should be no need for pasting anything.

Anyway, it is interesting that the explicit URL works in Roon, whereas the other doesn’t for you (but does for me).

Nevermind - enjoy the station!

I think I know what happened at the end.
When you added that URL to your my live radio version of the station, Roon recognised the URL as belonging to the main database version - it then linked your version to the main one.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.