Unable to Port Forward on 4G Router (Gini Router R610)

Description of Issue:

Hello Everyone,
I’m using a Windows 11 laptop, everything works great exept the Roon ARC feature.
This is the error I get:

{
“connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkError”,“status_code”:504,“error”:“error: Error: ETIMEDOUT, response code: undefined, body: undefined connected? undefined”},
“external_ip”: {“actual_external_ip”:“141.226.89.74”,“router_external_ip”:null},
“natpmp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”},
“upnp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”}
}

So I did a manual port forwarding:

Nothing worked…
And Yes, DMZ is disabled.

Some Details About My Networking Gear

1. I have a 4G router that connects to the internet via a SIM card to a 4G tower.
  2. I live in Israel and my ISP is Pelephone
  3. My router is called Gini Router R610 and i’m using it via wifi.
  4. I also use a wifi extender called Edimax EW-7438RPn Mini
  5. I don’t use any VPN’s or proxies.
Other things I tried to do:
  1. Open the port on my firewall and check that Roon and RAAT is not blocked by windows firewall.
  2. Use “Simple Port Tester” to see if the port is open; it failed.
  3. Rule out my wifi extender and connect to my router directly.
  4. Use DMZ.

Nothing worked.

For context,
I once tried to just Plex server and I have encountered the same problem. Unfortunately I never managed to fix it and now the same happens with Roon ARC and this is my last resort.

Any kind of help will be very appreciated!!

Hi Ron,

I am no guru, but in the picture under protocol now is shown “TCP” is this the only option or do you have the option TCP & UDP? If so, could you try that one.

After applying the rule, did you reboot your core (i think that is your Windows 11 laptop)?

Kind regards,

Maarten.

Hello,
Sorry it took long to replay.
I have tried this before, but gave it one more try. And It gave me the same error.

I think it’s use down to me having a 4G Router the connects to a cell tower.
Maybe the internet infrastructure of the mobile cell tower is just different?
Because I think my IP is shared with all the people that use the same cell tower as me.

Hi @Ron_Oren,

Please accept my apologies that you’ve had to endure such a long wait time for a staff response to your issue.

At this time, port forwarding will not automatically configure (and will not configure the majority of cases via supported manual configuration) if you have a 4G router in your setup. If you have an additional router, it’s possible you could reconfigure your network infrastructure to securely allow for port forwarding via a different external routable IP.

However, you’ll likely have to pursue one of the methods involving Tailscale or VPNs in our #tinkering and #roon sections. I recommend searching there.

This topic was automatically closed after 43 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.