Unable to Restore Backup - "InvalidRoot" Error (ref#1MIKL1)

Hi,

I’m running ROCK in Proxmox for quite a while without any problems. BackUps are created to NAS and I restored them earlier a couple of times without any issues. Today I wanted to clean up my backups a bit, but Rock cant findi any backups. Error message always “InvalidRoot”. Even old backups I know worked before, dont work anymore.

Reconfigured the NAS share and even tried another server, but prob remains. BackUps are created successfully, but then not found.

Searched for this problem and found several records, but no real solution.

Appreciate any assitance.

I know Roon has a serious issue with network paths, because for some magical reason. It changes path all the time, without any changes. Sometimes it creates a RoonBackUps subfolder, sometimes it even tries to create a backup in the root folder, altghough the config is untouched… Sometimes you setup a target folder, but Roon has its own mind and keeps on saving the backup to a different destination… Annoying, but I kind of accepted that. But never I had a prob to restore a backup.

Hi @Yeti.Tom,
Thanks for writing in to let us know about your issue. First I want to note that because Proxmox is a virtual environment it is unfortunately not supported. However, we have a lot of users in Tinkering who may be able to help. I’ll move it there.

To have the best chance of receiving help please provide screenshots of the full file structure of your backups.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.