Unavailable files in History after core migration

Hi there!
After some testing and re-testing I think I need some help…

I recently bought a Qnap TS-877 and after installing a 1TB SSD in slot 1 and 4 10TB hard disks in slots 3 to 6, I proceeded creating a shared folder named RoonServer on the SSD where I also installed systems files and all the apps and of course Roon.
After that I backed up my old Windows Roon library and proceeded to migrate.
After successfully done that, I changed the storage setup to let Roon see the audio files already copied to the internal Qnap disks (Roon on Windows read the audio files from my other NAS, a Synology 1815+). Everything went ok and I had my old library on the Qnap system… Everything apart from the fact that in History I noticed several files had the red flag Unavailable on them.

I thought that maybe it was a mistake changing the storage setting to point to the Qnap after migrating and I re-did everything but pointed to the Qnap audio files before migrating core.
Before migrating I checked that pointing to the audio files on the Qnap everything was ok on the History page.
It was ok so I proceeded to migrate.
After that I checked the History page without first changing setup in the Storage page leaving Roon see the audio files through the network. Unluckily the red flags were already there. I then changed the storage setup to let Roon see the audio files directly on the local Qnap disks. But even after that the red flags were still there and from what I reckon on the same files as the first migration.
The strange thing is that if I ask Roon to let me see the file info and tags, it lets me do it without any glitch or warning about the file being missing…although I cannot select them.

Aldo I noticed on the file tags that the original position is something like this:
/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/RoonServer/roonmnt/Audio/Music/Anton Reicha/Reicha Rediscovered • Vol. 1/10 Études in E minor, Op. 97 No. 1 - Introduction. Poco andante.flac

Is this correct?
Did I do something wrong?
Did I miss something relevant?

As I’m not a Qnap NAS expert, could anybody help me understand what’s going on?

Thank you for your attention!

arin

@support I’m having a similar issue

Files originally on a internal disk in a NUC then pointed to a QNAP NAS from a new PC.

If I click on the album the track is found immediately but it can’t be selected to play from the history tab.

.sjb

Hi John,
thank you for your feedback.
At least I know I’m not alone!

arin

1 Like

It maybe that something in the path has changed. Take a file that is marked Unavailable, grab the file path info, like above, copy/paste to a text file, then go out and find the file in your library where is it Available, and grab it’s file path, again copy/paste to the same text file. Compare the two line, if they are not identical, then that is why the historical link is failing and the difference can show you what has changed for further investigation.

Hi Rugby,
I already checked that, anyway…
Here’s the path of an unavailable file in the History page:
/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/RoonServer/roonmnt/Audio/Music/Anton Reicha/Reicha Rediscovered • Vol. 1/10 Études in E minor, Op. 97 No. 1 - Introduction. Poco andante.flac

And here’s the path of an available one:
/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/RoonServer/roonmnt/Audio/Music/Esa⁃Pekka Salonen/Out Of Nowhere • Violin Concerto _ Nyx/05 Nyx for Orchestra.flac

Bear in mind that the file is marked as Unavailable only in the History page; in every other page every file is available, selectable and editable!

Thank you anyway…

Sorry Rugby,
I misunderstood you…
But here’s the result of what you suggested to do:
Here’s the path of the unavailable file in the History page:

And here’s the path of the same file in the Albums page:
They look identical…

Thanx again

The path looks ok. RoonServer does collect all shared folders (and watches for new ones) and creates links to them in the roonmnt folder. This has been done to hide other folders and system files of NAS devices that are not relevant to user storage locations.

Hi Chris,
thank you for the clarification on the file path.
So the problem could be in the way the database is re-organizing the played History.