Uncertified Roon Ready devices announcement

On Roon’s partner page the Matrix Audio Element X appears a Roon Certified.

miniDSP just reached out and re-engaging… in their post, they explicitly state they released beta support. this is the type of thing that will not be possible after sept 21. no legal action is needed, they just wont work.

read the top post in this topic.

if you don’t see the pink banner, you are not affected. please see the top post in this thread.

We are not doing any current certifications with products from Playback Designs. We are still waiting for acceptable hardware for testing from them.

This is not true. While we do have hardware from them, it did not pass certification. We are waiting for new firmware from them for testing.

you go with the partner page.

Last communication with them was in January, where they said they needed some time. We are waiting for them to get back to us.

only if you see the pink box. see the top post in this topic for more information.

then you have no issue.

Hundreds. This is why we are putting our foot down.

This is the experience we are trying to prevent. You should not be resetting a Roon Ready device every few weeks.

2 Likes

It wasn’t the Roon experience that needed resetting , that works fine.

@danny can you let us know what stage you are at with the Arcam SA30 integrated amp/streamer certification? I’ve emailed Arcam support but no response so far.

Danny, sure you do. Roon has no way of knowing what any of us may have already purchased, or may purchase in the next few weeks. 1% or not, this entire mismanaged policy appears as if you’re trying to hide something.

1 more email in my inbox might break the camel’s back? Seriously? What if I knew of three subscribers that didn’t belong to Roon User groups, nor ever read this forum (I do know several). Don’t you have a responsibility to communicate with your paying subscribers? Do you honestly believe your subscribers would rather you didn’t email everyone? I really hope not.

None of this is helping Roon’s (or your own) credibility.

Onward.

3 Likes

All of this could have been avoided, you know.

Had it been explained properly from the jump, we would be been obsessing about something else right now. :slightly_smiling_face:

This “misunderstanding” is on Roon. And they are hearing about it.

1 Like

Hey, this is all a good distraction from the global pandemic! :crazy_face:

3 Likes

Hey @danny

Could I ask if Primare have anything in the pipeline?
I got my hands on a NP5 Prisma, based on being Roon Ready, however it looks like it has been a year or so in the making, which concerns me.

Roon is very stable with Arcam. The resetting is needed due to the HDMI/multichannel parts of the processing.

Or are you implying that Roon certification would be denied if other parts of the device were still not ready, even if the Roon functionality itself worked up to spec?

I’ve addressed this in my post at the top of this topic:

Your anecdotal experience is not sufficient to pass certification.

They are actively engaged, and they’re close to certification. Just a couple of issues.

3 Likes

Maybe we’ll get sick of this :smiling_imp: little flu

1 Like

My favorite line in this whole exchange so far!

10 Likes

One conclusion stands out in this whole spectacle: Roon Labs really needs to learn how to communicate without ruffling feathers and twisting knickers.

4 Likes

I disagree. Some people’s feathers are all too easily ruffled.

17 Likes

I remember that the U. S. Army used to use comic books for training manuals, because they knew that a number of the new recruits could not comprehend written text.

1 Like

I don’t know about easily… but it’s impossible to not ruffle feathers with any decision.

For example, let’s say we were to do another lifetime price increase or even a cancelation… how should we do it without ruffling feathers? how about advance notice? how about an email to all subscribers? how long of notice? 1 week? 1 month? 1 year? how do we do this without killing our business? will the email be enough? how about all those potential users that were on the fence and didn’t sign up yet? etc… etc… there will always be people affected.

as for those that complain about the communication, I know who will complain… it’s always the regulars.

6 Likes

I’m not complaining this time. I’m just diagnosing a lingering case of foot in mouth disease. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I am glad you are tightening up. You have a right to insist that products sold with Roon capability as a feature meet your standards. As a potential customer I want to know such devices are rock solid.

10 Likes

Great! I’m reassured.
The page I found (with no Matrix Audio) was this one:
https://kb.roonlabs.com/Partner_Devices_Matrix
Needs updating or maybe a re-direct to:

Why allow use (to Arcam, for example) during a trial period, only to remove access after someone bites and signs up to a Roon subscription?

2 Likes