Undocumented Nuimo/dCS functions?

Not sure who else is using a Nuimo controller with their dCS units, but I recently discovered that a long press on the Nuimo (which usually controls play/pause) will put my Rossini to sleep or bring it out of sleep.

The wake up isn’t surprising, as it’s just Roon sending a “play” command, which wakes up the Rossini whether I do it from Roon Remote or from the Nuimo. But the “long pause” putting the Rossini to sleep was a surprise. A good one, as I’d rather not have to reach for dCS remote (“the plank”), if I don’t have to!

Here’s hoping that dCS releases a much better remote (ala Nuimo or Surface Dial) someday. If they are serious about having customers go direct without a preamp, a better remote is sorely needed.

@DrCWO as FYI.

1 Like

Why wait? Get a Control4. I currently have the Halo and an older SR-260. The Halo Touch is on order, it’s not been released yet.

This is a feature of the latest rooNuimo upgrade :grin:

In rooNuimo settings you now can customize what should happen at a long press! You now also can customize four radio stations and four playlists.

Best DrCWO

1 Like

Yeah, those don’t tickle my fancy. I’m looking for fewer buttons and rotary volume (aka like the amazing remotes that come with the Devialet Expert integrated amps).

Ooooh, looks like Moon got the memo!

1 Like

I am sort of mystified that people would want these remotes not in their phones.

1 Like

Really? Let me give you two reasons why phone apps are no substitute for me: (1) my whole family uses the system, and they don’t want to fumble to find their phones just to change the volume or input; (2) when I listen to music, I don’t want to be distracted by text messages, emails, social media notifications, work messages, etc. (yes, I have Roon on a separate tablet, but fiddling with the volume slider isn’t a great way to make small volume adjustments and also doesn’t let me change inputs).

1 Like

Phone apps compared to a well programmed C4 is like comparing a Shiit to a dCS.

1 Like