Unsure about Audio setup

In audio setup “system output” Zone name is System output.
Jriver 20 is not enabled.
Realtek High def audio speakers and digital output are not enabled
Speakers enabled are Primare DAC audio and the PrimareUSB Audio ASIO Driver is also enabled.
Do I have a correct setup, you think?
I have some skipping during playback. Just a tenth of a second or so with a slight click.
Otherwise the sound pretty good with a fullness that is not present with JRiver.
/ Jonas

In audio setup “system output” Zone name is System output.

If you’re just using the DAC, you can turn “System Output” off.

Speakers enabled are Primare DAC audio and the PrimareUSB Audio ASIO Driver is also enabled.

I think you’d be better off only enabling one or the other. ASIO and WASAPI (the other one) are alternative driver stacks, not things that are meant to be used at the same time for the same device. Which you use is mostly personal preference. WASAPI is a bit more modern, and ASIO is a bit more lightweight. Both are bit-perfect.

If you do turn on the non-ASIO one, you’ll probably want to turn on “exclusive mode”, too, to make the output bit-perfect.

I have some skipping during playback. Just a tenth of a second or so with a slight click.

It would be great to get this worked out. First, I’d suggest you try A/B testing the WASAPI and ASIO devices to see if one works better than the other. Sometimes manufacturers do a better job on one driver or the other.

A post was split to a new topic: Drop Outs Streaming to Mu-So