Upcoming change to Roon subscription prices (January 1st, 2023)

I am trialing Roon and like it very much, already had few minor hiccups now and then, but nothing like ARC outage yesterday… which made me think about the Roon’s service model:

Unlike most B2B vendors who usually provide some kind of SLAs to compensate for service interruptions - with Roon, and most B2C vendors, there are no such agreements, so when a service is down - like what happened with ARC - that monthly/yearly fee gets charged regardless of how long and how severe the interruption is…Life-timers are already “all paid in” so there’s not much they can either do besides opening a ticket and waiting for the service to get restored.

While price increases are most likely justified during current economic climate and/or as companies scale up, i wait for a pioneer in the B2C space to adopt a fairer business practice that incorporates service quality and availability within their pricing/compensation model. It’s not the easiest option, but it definitely can be done, and it’s the right thing to do.

Best
Sam