Upcoming Linux Performance Improvements

for Manjaro:

Is 5.0 stable ok or better 6.0 beta?

thanks for the heads-up.

how to install libicu on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS?

This all sounds very exciting :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m hoping Debian 11 (bullseye) is also supported. Microsoft says .NET is supported on it. I’m also currently running Roon Core on Debian 11 already. (It has libicu67.)

You obviously have a wildly different vision of exciting than I do… :rofl:

4 Likes

Seems good timing! I just installed Roon server today on Linux Mint, and I checked this before hand and it was already present.

1 Like

Hi @kevin , on my NUC Ubuntu I’ve launched the above mentioned command. This is what I get:
libicu66 è già alla versione più recente (66.1-2ubuntu2) (in english it should be: libicu66 is already at the most recent version, 66.1-2ubuntu2).

I’m on Ubuntu 20.04.3 LTS

Am I fine? Should I upgrade to 21.04? Thanks.

sudo apt-get update && apt-get install libicu-dev

1 Like

replied in the wrong thread (sorry)… but for Ubuntu-18.04-LTS there’s no libicu66 package… hopefuly libicu-dev will work (!). I’ve installed it on mine – will see.

1 Like

Andrew just send me a mail:

Roon Core works well with sonicTransporter and libicu is already installed. Roon contacted us about 5 months ago and we worked with their engineers to make sure we had everything required for the next version of Roon.

If you have not upgraded your sonicTransporter recently press the update button. If you don’t have 2.8 follow the upgrade instructions on the sonicorbiter.com FAQ.

-Andrew

2 Likes

Partners who have confirmed dependencies are met:

• Innuos
  • Exasound

Why is sonicorbiter/small green computer not on this list?

Thanks Bert! I also saw Andrew’s message in this thread:

1 Like

:joy::rofl::+1: you’re not alone in that…

1 Like

I am running Roon Core on Ubuntu 21.04. libicu66 does not seem to be available. Any idea what I should do? Should I try to install this dependency manually? I do hope I don’t have to downgrade my Linux.

Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

This might be your Huckleberry
https://packages.ubuntu.com/hirsute/libicu67

It’s a Unicode internationalisation thing so probably not that version sensitive. That said I’ve been spectacularly wrong with this sort of guess on occasion :wink:

Microsoft haven’t updated their docs with .NET dependencies for 21.04, but I’m guessing it’ll be libicu67.

1 Like

@Bert_Dijkstra Where are you seeing this list?? We confirmed all dependencies were meet several months ago.

It’s in the first post of this thread.

Right got it. Not sure why Roon didn’t include Small Green Computer.

Sorry about that. :man_facepalming: Updated!