Upcoming Linux Performance Improvements

I agree and wrote a feature request for this already. Feel free to up-vote it. :wink:

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/topic/75166/1

2 Likes

Done. :+1:

I’m surprised your thread didn’t get a better response, though. :frowning:

1 Like

I have missed this on the way through, but does this change only affect Roon Servers or does it cover Roonbridge end points as well?

Hi @Saturn94 I was the one who also posted in Jim’s AC board. As you might recall, Jim offered, so I emailed him. He did get some error/fail prompts, and it took him a few attempts with other commands to get it to take. I’m very happy to have had him handle it as I would have freaked if I saw an error pop up. :joy:

Hopefully the update will work fine.

1 Like

Yep, Jim’s support is invaluable. :+1:

I’m glad to see other Salkstream owners here. :grinning:

2 Likes

Unfortunately at this time it appears that Antipodes are in a world of pain to get any of their machines updated successfully even the flagship K50 models.
A real pity as they perform excellent as Roon core and renderer but looks like we may be out in the cold for a while as the November 3rd deadline comes and goes.
They are working hard to resolve but there are a lot of customers to satisfy.
I appreciate all of their efforts and keeping my fingers crossed they will resolve.

In my case (owner of an EX) the update to AMS3.1 went smoothly. Roon Core is back to normal after the update. Now awaiting Roon Update next Wednesday. I hope Antipodes owners who experience problems will be able to use their Roon Core again soon. I’m confident, given Antipodes’ commitment.

1 Like

Anyone tested the BETA version with the Sonic Transporter? Hoping for some positive results and looking forward to the update this week.

Thanks,
Spence

I hope so but there are a lot of issues right now as one can see on the Antipodes forum boards, hopefully they will get through it.

I had no problem updating CX and EX … went very smoothly. I think many users have successfully updated.

I hope so but the posts on the Antipodes forum suggest otherwise.

The main problem seems to be getting that initial upgrade “push” from Antipodes.
Not been happening for a lot of people.

Updated my EX from 2.8. Mark at Antipodes did need to connect to load the upgrade trigger and once again at the end for a couple tweaks. He was very accommodating and Roon core is back again on the EX. It appears if you had 2.8 then the first 2 of 3 updates are skipped. Wednesday will be the telling.

He tried to load the upgrade trigger for me but as of this morning it still has not worked.
Away all week for work so I will have a non functional Core when I return Friday.:frowning:

Mark connected to my Antipodes DSGT and from there the update went really well to version 3.1. Roon saw my “new” Antipodes and I enabled the dsp volume control from the Player in MyAntipodes.
If you are coming from 2.5 or 2.7 and have a good system then you will be surprised :slight_smile:

I have no doubt it will be resolved but not this week as I am away with work until Saturday.
Let’s everyone else get some service though so it’s all good.

I no longer have an Antipodes server, but I did for quite a few years and their support is incredible. Truly above and beyond.

1 Like

Hi, I’m using 4.3.4.0404 QTS on my QNAP TS-453A NAS.(because the subsequent versions were unstable for me)
Will I be able to upgrade to the new Roon Core when it becomes available?

I’ve noticed improvement, for sure, and feel certain there is a much snappier performance in my experiences. Great job getting this done, roon team!! Thanks!

1 Like

You’ve to install (before the Roon update comes) manually the QNAP Roon package 2021-10-03, because QNAP doesn’t offer an update for older QTS.

1 Like

As a Roon Bata tester I can report that the new Linux updates are running smoothly and fast! No crashes and much improved performance! Thanks Roon engineering team!

3 Likes