Updating wireless driver on NUC running Roon Rock?

Hi,

I am running Roon Rock on a NUC7i7DNEH mounted in a fanless enclosure.

Unfortunately my wireless module (Intel 8265) stopped working, and when I ordered a repacement from Amazon they sent me a more recent module (Intel 9260).

I was pretty sure that it was ok to use another module, but apparently I need a new wireless driver. I can download the driver from Intel’s web site, but how do I run it?

Please let me know if there is an easy way to update a wireless driver on a NUC running Roon Rock?

All help will be greatly appreciated:

Hmm not sure you can install one as ROCK comes with everything that’s needed. I guess they would need to update ROCK so it includes it.

One for @support

1 Like

Hi @Jeb,

Just to verify here, did you already install the module and it’s not working with ROCK?

1 Like

Hi @dylan,

Yes, I have installed the wifi module in the slot inside the Nuc. When I boot the Nuc it doesn’t recognise the new wifi board.

I wonder if you might need to reinstall rock for it to find the new card and install it. I guess you could make sure your database is backed up and try that.

1 Like

Hi @wizardofoz,
I tried a reinstall from the Roon Optimized Core “control screen”. That dindn’t help, but maybe a complete reinstall from a flash drive will do the trick? I don’t know if that there is a difference between the two ways of doing a reinstall.
Thanks for your help.

Hi @Jeb,

Apologies for the delay here. I’ve confirmed with out team that this is not something you’ll be able to get working on your own and would require a change on our end to the ROCK image. I’m not sure we’ll be able to get our hands on that wireless card so you may want to try a USB network adapter.

1 Like

Hi @dylan,
Thanks for your reply and your help - I will return the new board to Amazon, and see if I can obtain the right one (8265NGW) for my NUC.
All the best,
Jeb

1 Like