Upgrade Nucleus + RAm>Pictures of where it is

Nice. KF426S16IBK2/32?

1 Like

Yes, directly from the order: KF426S16IBK2/32

Worked flawlessly on both Nucleus+ (Rev A) and NUC8i7.

Are there two ram-slots in the Nucleus+ (Rev A)?
Than each with 16 GB to 32 GB max?

1 Like

Yes. There are 2 slots.

Thanks for the fast feedback. Now I can order the Upgrade.

For Rev B. Very different inside. Pic of mine:

1 Like

Much simpler and better :+1:

Have the same board in my NUC7i7DNKE, and have 16GB installed using Corsair Vengeance modules

Of course, while in the box, you could go for the max 32GB

Upgrade to 32 GB with Kingston Fury was easy and works fine in my Rev. A Nucleus+.

2 Likes

Went for this exact memoryā€¦ came yesterday via Amazon EU. Popped in and worked like a charm first time. No idea how ā€œcloseā€ I was to running out of RAM, but cheap upgrade / piece of mind. Iā€™m more likely to run out of SSD storage now (20% left on Samsung 8TB SSD)ā€¦ Hopefully Samsung release a 12TB version in the next year or so!

2 Likes

Did RAM upgrade today on my Nucleus+ (Rev B.) with KF426S16IBK2/32. Seem to work flawlessly. 400.000+ tracks. Thanks for the tip @Tor_Gunnar_Berland :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hello, sorry for bothering: how do you remove the harddrie platform?

1 Like

Sorry but I donā€™t know. Good luck.

With a screwdriver

3 Likes

Yes, so far it is clear to meā€¦ :slight_smile: I removed the hard disk and I saw 2 screwdrivers for the harddrive plate, I removed them, but there must be some more and I do not see them. So, I am asking if perhaps somebody has some photos or manual or something like that. Thanx in advance

As far as I remember, the hard drive is connected to two rails, one on each side. The two rails are connected to the Nucleus with two screws each. I guess mine is a newer version.

I donā€™t have a Nucleus myself, but looking at the photo of the drive support plate, once youā€™ve removed the two screws on the left, donā€™t you have to remove the screws of the connector board as well?

Iā€™m assuming the drive connector is fixed to the supporting plate as well as the connector boardā€¦

2 Likes

Exactly. /10char

Looking at all the pictures here I see only one memory card inserted. That means the memory is running in single channel mode. Which is slower than dual channel. Putting in two card for dual channel will have a benefit all by itself (~15% improvement in speed over single channel). But more memory will help, also. So if Roon Labs is only putting one 8Gig card in there, then just by adding a second 8gig you would get more memory and improved speed.

But yeah 32Gig (two 16 gig cards would be ideal) would be hitting it with a big old hammer to squash any issues.

1 Like

I run twin 16GB Apacer wide temperature range SODIMMs in my Nucleus+ revA. Twin 16GB def keeps the snappiness in the interface when my wife and I are using Roon at the same time.