Upgrading Nucleus from 1TB to 4TB

I bought a Nucleus with 1TB storage. I have a 4TB SSD by Samsung. Is it possible or advised to upgrade the Nucleus with that 4TB SSD?

It’s possible. It’s advised only if you want to save more than 1TB of music files on the internal storage of the Nucleus - this is its only use if you use it as an internal storage disk.

You could also put the 4 TB disk in an external enclosure and use it for whatever you want.

Have you already copied music files to the 1tb drive? If not its less effort to swap now vs later. No backup to start with. I upgraded my NUC from 1TB to 4TB after a few years.

Yes, you can easily swap out the SATA drive in the Nucleus, but you’re going to need to format a new drive from the web administration GUI, and then copy your music files to it. This will take time - which is why people might suggest using it externally (formatted ExFat). Personally, I’d mount it internally :wink:

Nucleus manual says Roon will rip CDs with a compatible CD drive. I have at least one Apple CD/DVD Superdrive with my Mac Mini. I assume it would suffice 9

Yes, a super drive should work fine for ripping like this. Personally, I don’t recommend it, but that doesn’t mean it won’t work :wink:

This topic was automatically closed after 45 days. New replies are no longer allowed.