Usable Link When Sharing Between Two Roon Users

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Sonic Transporter i5, Roon 2.7

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Description Of Issue
I am having trouble getting a usable link when I share an album or cut with a fellow Roon user. I’ve tried it both ways you can get a link, and they both wind up just being pictures—not a link.

Can someone give me a step-by-step explanation for how to share an actual link via Roon?

Thanks for your help in advance.

1 Like

At present this is not possible, would you like me to move this topic over to the #roon:feature-requests category?

Yes, please. That would be great. Do you know if its going to happen in the near future?

1 Like

No idea if it will ever happen let alone scale, sorry.

It would be a great marketing opportunity for Roon’s partners (Tidal, Qobuz). The link could open the track in the recipient’s app, or it could link to a short “preview” of the track at the Tidal/Qobuz websites. Whenever I share a track with a friend, I feel like a putz because it just sends a pic. The 1990’s called; they want their sharing technology back.

1 Like

I feel like a putz as well. I’m new to Roon so I had no idea I was sending a picture instead of a link. How difficult could it be to write code that sends a link instead of a pic? And the language Roon uses is “get shareable link”. It’s baffling.

1 Like

Do you know you can share a playable link from either Tidal or Qobuz apps?

Roon would only be able to do this same thing if they choose to enable more than the image sharing via Imgur. Local tracks could not be shared for severals reasons.

What do you mean “Local tracks could not be shared for severals reasons.”?

Copyright world be the key reason.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.