USB connected drive - files direct copy to internal SSD

Hello,
have a ROCK(NUC) with internal SSD and an external HDD connected to the NUC via USB. Is there a way to copy the files directly (from within ROCK) between those 2? I mean not via network?
Thanks
R.

There is not. The best way would be to move the external HDD to another computer and then copy from it to the ROCK NUC.

1 Like

Thanks, I was wondering if there is a command line somehow accessible, such as ROCK is Linux by the end of the day…

It is designed to be an appliance, not to be fiddled with! It isn’t a Linux distribution, just custom compiled with what is needed.

1 Like

No command line access, no SSH. ROCK is locked down.

1 Like

You can try to boot your NUC using a Linux OS on an USB stick, and then copy the files. This will not involve file transfer via network.

1 Like

Also need to clarify that when you say “Internal SSD” you mean a 2.5" SATA SSD, not the M.2 that ROCK is installed on. You cannot put music files on the OS drive.

Yes this is correct. I mean the 2.5 SATA SSD, not the M.2 drive, OS is installed on…

Yes this is certainly an option though a bit cumbersome and probably not worth the additional effort in preparing the Linux boot drive…