Use of hdtv during rock installation

hey everybody,

i just got a new nuc (i5). i have the ssd (500gb) and the ram (32gb) installed.

now i need to install rock. i thought i could use my hdtv (1 yr old LG) via the hdmi connection (because i don’t have a computer monitor) but all i have on my tv is blank black screen. nothing on it.

can you help me out? is it possible to use my tv for the rock installation, or do i need to get a computer monitor?

thanks …

Yes it should work. Did you check if you get a picture when the same HMDI input is plugged into another device?

I couldn’t get it to work either. For some reason, it didn’t like the 4k TV but I did manage to get it to work on a 720k TV.

yes, i checked. it works with my macbook for example. tv and hdmi port are ok, i’m sure.

thanks a lot for the info… really weird.
may be the same problem in my case, then…

Hmm. The only thing I can think of is that the input setting somehow doesn’t match. If there was no input coming at all, the TV would presumably show “no signal” or something to the effect

yes, looks like that.
i’m wondering if i can play around with the tv settings and get a picture from the nuc.

Thanks Strojo… I tried with a 10-yr old Panasonic HDTV and it worked :slight_smile:

You’re welcome. It drove me nuts, so I’m glad I saved you some head banging against the wall time.

As an FYI for others, I also had issues connecting to a WQHD and 4k computer monitor. It really is picky with displays for some reason.