Use of Roon iPhone or iPad app interrupts play

@nuwriy I’ve told you everything PS Audio has told me. I don’t expect to hear from them again. They don’t believe the issue is their equipment. That’s what they told me.

At this point wouldn’t it be better for you folks at Roon to talk directly to whoever you work with at PS Audio? I think I’ve offered all the information I have about how the problem occurs.

Of course if new questions arise that I might be able to answer, I’m willing. But what more can I tell you now?

It’s been 6 days since I last responded to you. Where do things stand in addressing my ongoing problem? FWIW I am a lifetime Roon member and hope my support on this issue has not ended.

As a reminder you suggested the problem could be with my PS Audio Direct Stream DAC (or its CPU). I reached out to PS Audio and their response was they do not believe that’s the explanation for the issue I am having. If it were the problem, would we not see other DS DAC users also experiencing it?

The problem severely limits my ability to use Roon’s features. My Roon core is in a separate room from my stereo system. That cannot be changed (without the expensive purchase of a Roon Nucleus or some other similar device that could be placed in the same room as the stereo system). So as things stand now any time I want to do anything on Roon I need to get up from where I am sitting and walk to another room to do it. If I had experienced this problem during my trial membership, I consider it very unlikely I would have bought a lifetime membership.

Please respond.

I am happy to report it appears I have solved the problem described above. The solution was offered by Alex Crespi, the owner of Uptone Audio.

Prior to consulting Alex, the ethernet cord from my Xycel power line adapter was connected directly to my modem/router. Because the modem/router has only two ports, the ethernet cord from my iMac (Roon Core) was plugged into my Cisco Catalyst Switch. Alex suggested plugging both ethernet cords into the Cisco switch.

The result is I can now open my iPhone Roon mobile app and use it without any negative effect on the music that is playing; no more play interruptions!

Anyone who knows Alex knows that no one in the audio business offers better, more helpful technical and product support than he does. In this case he was not even trouble shooting one of his own products! Although now that he has solved this issue for me, I am starting to save towards a purchase of Uptone’s EtherRegen as my next upgrade to the SQ of my system.

Products aside, Alex is extremely knowledgeable concerning networking issues. @support should consider consulting him when problems like the one I experienced are reported.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.