Using Cambridge Audio streamers

I have a Nucleus and also a Bluesound Node 2i (a second one in my other room). Does anyone use the Cambridge Mxn10 streamer WITH Roon and, if so, what are your impressions? Do you pair it to another one in a different room, and was that hard to set up? Is the sound quality better than the Node? And – at risk of facing some abuse from true audiophiles here – has anyone run YouTube Music Premium on it (via built-in-Chromecast)? Bluesound refuses to add it to their streaming services…

1 Like

I have not used the MXN10, but I have used YouTube music with Chromecast on multiple Chromecast capable streaming/amp devices.

While I am not a fan of YT Music, it does work perfectly well in non audiophile use. I have never had an issue with the casting capabilities of the app

Heya,

I don’t have the MXN10 but I do have the CXNv2. And it works fine when accessed through Roon. But also with AirPlay and Chromecast.

I don’t pair it with other equipment. As it is my streamer in the living room.

YouTube Music connects to the Cambridge perfectly fine through Chromecast, so I would expect the MXN10 to work as well.

I have the node, node 2i, and the mxn10 in 3 separate rooms, all thru Roon. I love them all. The 2 nodes are running thru dacs, the mxn10 does not have a dac. The mxn10 sounds darn good without a dac. I have never tried the nodes without dacs tho. But I do believe the mxn10 would sound better than the nodes without external dacs.

Another CXN V2 owner here. roon works just fine on the Cambridge for me as well.

I don’t use YT music though. But I’ll occasionally Chromecast a podcast to the streamer and that always works well, too.

1 Like