Using Channels 3 and 4 of Motu M4 only

I can’t figure out how to get roon to output to only channels 3 and 4 of my motu M4. When i go into settings it seems to think the M4 only has 2 channels. How do i get roon to output to channels 3 and 4 instead of 1 and 2?

Try to setup a Procedural EQ in the DSP section of your zone and add a channel mixer operation:

See also:

1 Like

Doesn’t work. Might be a driver issue but roon seems to be recognizing the motu as a 2 channel only device rather than a 4 channel one

Then you may have to set the output channels in the driver instead.

driver doesnt have that option i dont think. Wasapi groups channels 1-2 and 3-4 together and lets me select between either group, so im guessing motu expects the software to detect that the device has 4 channels.

yeah like in the videos there the only options when i open the driver are sample rate and buffer size

As they write " You will need to go into Windows Sound Settings and manually change the default output to Channels 1 & 2.", I suspect that you can also choose 3 & 4. Look for configure buttons, try ASIO instead of WASAPI. If all this doesn’t work, ask Motu support.

im using ASIO. if i were to use wasapi i could get it to work but i’d ideally like to have bit perfect output