Using my genre tags instead of Roon's

So Roon does not surface any existing genre tags from my files, correct? I saw a post that indicated one could go to settings and deselect “use Roon genres” and instead use those from the file tags but I do not see this in the settings on the Android app. I really need to be able to use my tags and not Roon’s for my collection to be useful for playlist construction.

You need a PC or at least a tablet for properly managing Roon. Tablet is nearly feature-complete with just a few minor things missing compared to PC. The phone app is mainly for playback with a few limited edit options.

It’s there on PC and tablet:

1 Like

Thanks @Suedkiez ! That was just what I was looking for

1 Like

Wouldn’t “Import Settings” be what the OP is looking for to turn off “use Roon genres”?

1 Like

Thanks @Saturn94 , that is also what I was looking for. I was able to make the changes from my computer.

1 Like

Yes, but he will most likely want to map genres as well, and it was easier to highlight this, thinking that the text in genre mappings would be a sufficient hint,

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.