Using Roon with KEF LSX II LT

I’m considering upgrading from KEF LSX (mark one) - great sound but Roon implementation very unreliable. Looking at LSX II vs LSX II LT: while the LSX II are Roon ready, the maximum resolution is 96 kHz when connecting the speakers via cable. LT are not Roon ready but have Chromecast built in, so can also deal with max 96 kHz resolution. So - apart from the lack of an aux input and a slightly cheaper finish, what’s the point in buying the higher spec LSX IIs?

I can’t comment on the LSX II or LSX II LT, but what problems are you having with the LSX mark one? I’ve been using a pair for a few years now and haven’t had much bother with them. Roon sometimes loses its connection, but turning the LSX on and off normally fixes it. Other that that they’ve been pretty solid.

They were fine for nearly two years, but have recently lost their ability to connect to Roon for longer than about half an hour (except via Airplay). Only restarting the Wi-Fi network brings them back. Web search suggests this is a common issue with the Mark 1s. They’re currently back with KEF to see whether they can fix the issue.

I’ve had mine for about two and a half years. No problems so far, but I’ll keep my fingers crossed.