Valence Art Director in Roon

@Svein-Ole_Sorensen , Explain that logic please. I hear it once in a while and it makes zero sense to me for the reason demonstrated above.

I thought the point of the round picture is to focus on part of a picture (the face). So yes if you try to put a square peg in a round hole probably won’t work (shouldn’t be a body shot). Thats just my opinion though.

1 Like

Frankly, I don’t know what the overridden image is, but I have uploaded 371 images so far , 330 of them are ranked and I haven’t received a warning about any image until now.

By the way, the strange thing is that the images I uploaded after the aforementioned image are being used without any issues.

Doesn’t it mean that my cache is already cycled?

Is there a good reason why I get (nearly) all 4 Beatles on my iPad Pro 10.5” in portrait mode, but only Paul and Ringo in landscape?

Portrait:

Landscape:

1 Like

It’s part of the upcoming “Quantum Timelines” Valence feature.
Landscape displays bands living members, Portrait shows all of them!
:smiley:
More seriously I read that avatars are still buggy, a fix is expected with the next software update.

5 Likes

something is funny here… try something out for me:

find all the albums of Bernie Worrell in your library, and re-identify them from the “edit” – i want to see if that fixes Bernie.

I’ve tried to re-identify the albums, and at a certain point (not all of them) the button appeared.
I can positively confirm that for some artist the button seems to be missing, and then appear. not after edits and/or identification.

@danny
i’ve tried the same trick (re-identify the albums) with this other artist, but it has not worked this time

:+1: for a morbidly genial joke!!!

1 Like

Sophie Milman’s avatar I mentioned above also appears to be properly in portrait mode. Interesting.

However, why only some of the avatars have this issue and not all of them?

Edits like this are continuing to pass moderation and continuing to spoil my artist view.

I’ve lost steam with this feature because for all of the people doing good work there are at least as many doing an objectively bad job and some real catastrophes are going live on Roon.

1 Like

I’m not sure “continuing” is the right word. In some cases, no moderation is done because the photo was not uploaded, but just cropped badly and then someone else voted.

I know you’ve already stated this:

But, the only path forward is to vote for a better image or suggest a better crop.

A bug, that is being resolved in the next build.

Quis custodiet ipsos custudios— if I recall my Latin well enough. Though in this case that isn’t actually correct, because no one is custodios.

Please @anon89593805 don’t lose steam… just take a break. I did then went back at it. The combination of release cycle plus uninformed actors is resulting in something a bit herky jerky, but the aggregate result is improving massively. I’m not a Roon fan boy on all things. But this is — in aggregate — working great. If you focus too much on one band it’ll drive you bananas.

What is a bit frustrating is, that changes are sometime creeping really slow through the cache until it finally shows up in Roon, or not. At the moment is seems extra slow, but this maybe also me being extra impatient. :wink:

Fortunately I have not seen something like this with artists in my library.

Is there a way possible to correct this image? No matter what I do, this low resolution, and very badly cropped image persists. There are other better images on the database, but I cant seem to be able for them to show.

I think it must be a caching thing, I expect it will update in the next day or so,

I’m guessing you’ve checked that you haven’t got that photograph set as a local image.

1 Like

99% of the time, the answer is to vote + wait for the cache to clear (2-3 days in the worst cases, minutes in the best cases).

Sorry i did not mean a square picture but rectangle, excuse my English