Valley of "audiophile" ethernet cables

We are talking about copper interconnects. When you bring up leakage currents in this context my mind immediately goes to the thought “is the poster stating that one copper RJE is going to filter out those leakage currents more than some other in spec copper based RJE”.

John thinks:

1. Most boutique Ethernet cable manufacturers are clueless (Arstechnica sending out the $350 one meter AQ Vodka out for CAT6A validation were it passed only in the margin, so not a clear pass, bears this out).

2. Ethernet cables aren’t going to make any audible difference

3. If they do, and he’s skeptical about this, it’s by sheer randomness.

Worried about leakage currents? Go wireless. It’s affordable, easy to implement, and sounds great.

My first set of speakers were DIY Karlson Horns in 87. There is a lot of outright crookedness in this hobby / industry.

I’m a CCNP, MCSE, 3COM, Banyan Vines, the list goes on. I’m a hobbyist builder and speaker designer. This is my line in the sand. It wasn’t HDMI, it wasn’t USB, but it is Ethernet as I simply am a material expert from punch down to core routing and switching. I’ve implemented AVB and Dante on Cisco/Intel.

I’ll stand toe to toe with any one that thinks RJE’s that meet the spec matter SQ wise. Period.

10 Likes