Vertical scrolling [Done in Roon 1.8]

On of my very first gripes with roon now over 2 years ago… ahhh the nostalgia :sleepy::rofl:

1 Like

The Long and Winding Roadmap…

3 Likes

You have no ideea how quickly you get used without Roon…

1 Like

Ooohh… now that would be very hard, haha
Lotsa Roon love from me despite my grumbles :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Is his ever going to happen? The horizontal scrolling when on a desktop PC or Mac is just a real pain if not awful This was supposed to be on the roadmap years ago. Can someone tell me when we will have an option to set scrolling to vertical?

1 Like

Probably not. The roon team hardly ever comment on timescales on anything.
Not defending, just stating what I have observed.

Would like the option of scrolling up and down instead of left to right.

1 Like

On the roadmap but with no delivery date.

1 Like

Dunno how old you guys are, but back in the day when you really did have to use a paper road map it was not unknown for the whole thing to fly away out of the car window …

5 Likes

Once opened, never folded properly again.

4 Likes

This roadmap must be of Roman roads. Straight and VERY, VERY long.

8 Likes

Wow, I havent actually paid much attention to the horizontal scrolling before visiting this thread. I simply scroll the way Roon allows me… and am happy. :slight_smile:

Interesting how many people are so passionate about the topic! The way of scrolling seems like a very minor thing to me - but thats just me. Anyway, looking forward to the new UI.

1 Like

I find horizontal scrolling easier on an iPad so I would probably keep using horizontal scrolling even if vertical scrolling becomes an option.

3 Likes

+1 for vertical scrolling. Horizontal seems unnatural for me.

Well the new version 1.7 is out and still not even a sign of this, despite it being “on the roadmap” for many years…

1 Like

How do you enable that, I cannot find it.

Sorry. I was being a sarcastic troll to be quite honest. With the lifetime price increase and no vertical scrolling in V1.7, I’m done considering ROON.

Please, no ‘good riddance’ responses. Trust me, I’m out of here.

In 1.7 the “New Releases for You” section, on iPad, scrolls vertically for me now, once I click “View All”. The other options in Overview still scroll horizontally.

Still no diagonal scrolling. Roon will not be complete until we have the full set.

8 Likes

Yes, there are many places where content scrolls vertically…

The album browser horizontal paging is still standard in 1.7

The inconsistency has always driven me nuts… Lifetime user, going on three years…

1 Like