Very quiet Android page, we have some good news

https://youtu.be/WL6-W2nM33A

Starting from 49:50 from Mike Fass, new Android Audio implementation under testing now.

1 Like

Yep, announcement for prerelease testing is here:

8 Likes

That’s some really good news right there. Based on Roon agile release schedule this should go out in the prod channel before the holidays.

I am in earlyaccess, just tried and I think not quite ready for production releases yet.

1 Like

Good to know. I am not enrolled into the early access. Please provide your feedback to roon folks and they should be able to address it(hopefully). That’s the whole point of beta testing. It’s a good move in the right direction. I am sure a lot of people who are using Android are waiting for this feature, myself included.

One has to wonder why this is only a thing for ARC as opposed to the regular Roon client Android devices so users with a DAP can enjoy a first class experience.

Probably because 100% of people wanting this feature are mobile users and Arc is their mobile platform.

Roon have confirmed they are looking at the DAP angle:

Given that most people use dongle DACs, makes sense to launch that first.

1 Like

What’s with the tinkly piano musak in the background? Roon please stop this, there is no need for background muzak when people are talking.

Probably web chat will have some delay and silence, background music making people notice the webinar still going on.